S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock Extreme Owners I need to know:

distance from top of front seat cushion to pavement as measured by laying a yard stick at the forward edge of the drivers seat cushion, and let it extend out of the vehicle, what is the distance from the yard stick to the pavement?

I am trying to determine whether or not to lower my 99 S10 or trade for an Extreme...

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Think about how to measure your ride height, take a look at your truck and think of a better and more accurate way to measure it. Go ahead, do it now. lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97S10SS - using the seat cushion as a reference because I,m trying to compare it to a wheelchair seat cushion distance.

Right now I pull up 6 or so inches, but due to new complications I may no longer be able to do that and need a lower truck.

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
97S10SS said:
Think about how to measure your ride height, take a look at your truck and think of a better and more accurate way to measure it. Go ahead, do it now. lol
If I didn't know the position you were in with the wheelchair, I would have probably said the same thing in somewhat different words but I understand why ya need that. If I can remember, I will do that tomorrow after work if no one else has replied to the thread. Its a little dark and cold out now but tomorrow I can try it out.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Oh as I just saw you are a new member with 5 total posts, I had no clue you were in a wheelchair, my fault. No hard feelings.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I have an '00 xtreme ext cab w/ a 2/3 drop and it sits right around 24" at the highest point on the cushion

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
97S10SS - I should have offered wheelchair info upfront...

Psychobrick - Thanks. Since you have a 2/3 drop on yours sounds like even a stock Extreme might be still a tad to high. Thanks again...

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
yeah, but don't be afraid of the drop, a 2/3 drop is easy to install, parts run about $200-$300 shipped depending on the brand and should only take a few hours for someone to install....and if you need help just ask around the forum, normally there's someone in your area that willing to help out...

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
You could always have it bagged.... Not only is it about the best looking thing you could do to the truck, it would also be very very helpful for you since you need a lower seat height. I'm sure any decent local shop would put together a nice kit for you and install it for a good price too. Just an idea, not sure if thats what you are looking for but keep your options open.

Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts