S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely for 6 or 7 Franklins one could take the 120hp 2.2 to the 140, 150 range, without puttin it on the 'juice'. From what I have heard here so far, a high-perf muff will give me tone, if nothing else....

I was looking at the Jet stage I & II chips, anyone out there using these? I'm not into gimmics, no 'tornado' fans in my intake, no prolong, or some such.

What are my best bets to get, say 20 more horse from this little tike, without dropping low-end torque?

I've yet to do anything, simply contemplating where my money will be best spent. Below is what I am considering:

Dynomax or Flowmaster w/ downpipe.
TFX Ceramic Mandrel Bent Header.
Jet Stage I chip.
K&N or Airraid air induction system.
Taylor plug wires (or other high perf wires).
Bosch platinum plugs.

I can't find a throttle body spacer as of yet....and have yet to search for a high-flow cat. Anything else in the shade tree/bolt on/weekend warrior category I'm missing? How about getting my MSD on?

Cheers,
Russ

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
go to www.sportruckspecialties.com

helix makes a throtlle body spacer.
I have the K&N intake on my 2.2 and notice go performance out o fit. definatly worth the money.

pace setter makes headers and someone else
catback(pacesetter, gibson) gibson suks IMO
throtlte body spacers
pullies
intakes(kn,volant,apc,weapon R)
mufflers,(flowmaster,dynomax, hooker,all kindsof those)
jet chip
jet scu 2000(removes limiter and changes shift points
plugs, plug wires,

ThaX has done alot of mods to his 2.2 ask him what he has done. There are most of the things avail tha I know of. Good luck

·
low and slow
430 Posts
Intake, throttle body spacer($60)at godfather customs,flex a lite fan#60 about $200, jet chip around $210 for stage 2 at truck performance center and like everyone said check out sportruck specialties.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much-ass Grassy-ass

Thanks for the nfo, I'm going to order the intake from Godfather asap, cant beat the price....

Cheers,
Russ

·
Med School member
179 Posts
just installed Flowmaster 40 series deltaflow, and Helix throttle body spacer.

I love them both. I used to dog out while the AC is on, and taking off from 1st. Now I dont. Definetly added low end power. I'm waiting on my K&N intake from Jegs (234). they said it was on backorder.

anyways....there is a lot to do....I'm going to probably get pullies next

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
I have the K&N intake on my 2.2 and notice go performance out o fit. definatly worth the money.

catback(pacesetter, gibson) gibson suks IMO
Well i agree with you on the K&N Intake, but i will have to go ahead and disagree with you about Gibson sucking. I have a gibson catback, and i think it's pretty sweet. it's all upto preference i guess.

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
i just built my own intake

Well i just built me an intake with 2 three inch rubber elbows, black cell-core plastic pipe, a 3" - 3" rubber adaptor, and an apc intimidator cone filter. All in all it was only $70 :D :D :D....it sounds rather ricey :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....i cant decide if i like the sound or not....hopefully exhaust will help round out the sound.
Are the volant, apc, and K&n systems very noisy?:confused:
Does the APC filter need oil? cause the one i have seems very dry.....I will post some pics (or a link) sometime this weekend when i can get my hands on my gf's digital cam......
later Dave

·
Med School member
179 Posts
from what I have heard the Intakes are noisy. But atleast you kow it's sucking more air. Plus with new exhaust you cant hear it anyways. I cant hear my TB spacer while i'm driving, but pop the hood, and look out!!! sounds like an air leak it whines so bad. But I LOVE it!!!

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
where did you get the TB spacer?

where did you get the TB spacer from? how much? how easy to install?

·
Med School member
179 Posts

·
354 Posts
if I got the TB woudl it hurt my Stereo or my draw from the battery?

Maybe I'm thinking of Power Pullies.

your help is appreciated. Tanks

·
Med School member
179 Posts
the TB spacer doest draw any amps or power. It just makes all the air coming from our intake go in a spiral flow increasing something.....dont know exactly. Pullies would actually reduce your power for your alternator. I think this is right.

·
354 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
yudruln said:
if I got the TB woudl it hurt my Stereo or my draw from the battery?

Maybe I'm thinking of Power Pullies.

your help is appreciated. Tanks
You DON'T want pullies if you have a big stereo, trust me. I have a buddy who put pullies on and his battery would go dead if he let the truck idle with the stereo pounding.

·
354 Posts
Guess that is out of the question.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You caould make it work if you really wanted to. Put a big battery and a high watt alternator with a capacitor. It could happen. lots o cashola tho.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts