S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, try to give me a non biased opinion here. if you could get a auto 98 4 banger s-10, or a 99 5-speed 4-banger ford ranger, which would you choose? i figure the 4cyl s-10 would be kinda slow compared to a manual ranger...

·
Registered
138 Posts
To hell with ford

I would go with the 2.2 auto there is a ton of 2.2 mods out there. With the auto you can get the Jet SCU2000 it will take off the 92mph BS

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
s-10 vs ranger

tough call but i'd factor price in and wether u like 5 speed or autos.....i myself would rather drive an auto just cuz its convient....couple of sweet looking ranger running around my town droped wheel etc etc......i raced a guy with a 4 banger with a bunch of mods when my xtreme was stock and i barely beat him, i have a v-6 auto......of course u can dump money into the s-10 too......you might want to check out and see which holds its value better too....

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
what truck do you like more?
i'd go w/an S10 because i luv my truck. Its easy to find aftermarker stuff for 'em.

did you drive them?

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
The 2.2 auto is a dog....I know I have one, BUT its better than a ford anyday of the week. I say the chevy ( just cause I never trust a ford ) Join the sickness that is S-10 customizing!!! My 4 banger automatic is respectable now, with a few bolt ons. Hey, Im not breaking any landspeed records, ( but I am having a lot of fun whippin around in my lil 4 banger! ) but at least Im not driving a Ford:thumbup:

·
Registered
920 Posts
ive driven 5 spd fords 4 cyl, they suck totally. id look more and try to find a 5spd s10

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im actually not the one buying, a friend is....im just trying to get some input for him.

hes not really gonna do anything aftermarket to it i dont think...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hold out

your best bet would to be hold out and find a v6 if your looking for a little speed.....they're not to much more and the 4.3 is a proven engine and you can do alot crap to it for more power...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts