S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my gauges installed today..they work good so far, but i havent driven with them yet..is there any way to disable the warning buzzer? it buzzes when my truck is all the way down, and it gets kinda old already lol

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
so i got my gauges installed today..they work good so far, but i havent driven with them yet..is there any way to disable the warning buzzer? it buzzes when my truck is all the way down, and it gets kinda old already lol
I will have to ask Jeff...He has been in a meeting for the last hour...

·
***JACOBY***
571 Posts
I think I remember a way, but let me check a few things out tomorrow morning and I'll have an answer for you in the by the afternoon.

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was gonna thank just him but i remembered kris said something too and i couldnt call her man lol

·
***JACOBY***
571 Posts
any word yet?
Hey Ryan! Thanks for being patient. Unlike most people out there who use the "I was sick" excuse, but in reality they were busy gettin drunk and jet skiing, I was actually sick. But I do apologize. Ok, here ya go:

1. Remove the digital gauge from dash and unplug it.

2. Remove the four small hex nuts on the back of the gauge that hold the main cover on.

3. Remove the cover.

4. Locate the warning buzzer (a.k.a. piezo) as in the picture below.

5. Now you have two choices on how you want to quite it. One, place a small sticker or very strong tape over the hole. This is where the sound emits from. Or two, through the same hole, fill the piezo up with hot glue.

If you use the tape it will quiet it down substantially and is also reversible in case you want to have it loud again. On the other hand hot glue inside of the piezo should shut it up totally since the disk that is inside can no longer vibrate with the hot glue attached to it. BUT, this will be permanent. Please no not tamper with the traces or anything else on the circuit board as it will void your warranty. Thanks for your purchase and for the question!!!:)

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not really buzzes..kinda sounds like a radar detector lol..it doesnt do it but once when you start it up, or when it reads zero..but it doesnt just sit there and do it til you air it up or nothing lol

·
V8 with bags
7,372 Posts
its just like a momentary warning then, makes sense. And putting the sticker over it will work good. We have alarms on our back doors at work that all the time some asshat opens before anyone gets to work that has the key to turn them off. All it takes is one scale sticker over the vents on the speaker and you have to be right next to it to hear it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts