S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I noticed my knock sensor is completly different then any knock sensor on any TBI engine. My knock sensor has an oval type of connectoer while a new sensor has an round connector. Also I my sensor is long and skinny like a spark plug and a new sensor looks completly different. I tryes searching other years and other models but they all take the same knock sensor? Did GM for some reason use a diferent knock sensor on my motor and wher ecan i find one of these odd ball sensors? I haven't tryed using the new sensor because my wiring harness will not plug into it.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, my sensor doesn't have that cylinder object at the end of it. It looks just like a spark plug with totally different connecter.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
91S104x4 said:
yeah, my sensor doesn't have that cylinder object at the end of it. It looks just like a spark plug with totally different connecter.
Are you positive you are looking at the right sensor, and not looking at say the coolant temp sensor?

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rat said:
Are you positive you are looking at the right sensor, and not looking at say the coolant temp sensor?
Yes I am. The CTS sits on top of my intake manifold. This sensor is on the passanger side of the block right in between the two spark plugs. It has a single green wire going into the wiring harness. Im positive.

·
Breakin shit
651 Posts
91S104x4 said:
Yes I am. The CTS sits on top of my intake manifold. This sensor is on the passanger side of the block right in between the two spark plugs. It has a single green wire going into the wiring harness. Im positive.

that is for the temp gauge,the knock sensor will be in the back of the block or in one of the sides of the block near the motor mounts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If the sensor looks like this, its not a sensor and these guys are right, its the temp. sending unit for the gauge

this is the knock sensor

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes your truck has two "sensors" The one on top of the manifold is the actual sensor for the computer, the one on the side of the head is the sending unit for the gauge and the knock sensor also goes to the computer

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
then please tell me where the KS is then?

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
The back of the passenger side head, and the side of the drivers side head if i had to guess.

Edit, or where brokeitagain said, down on the block.

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, ive searched all over for this sensor but can't find it. Can somebody with another 91 please tell me where its at and the easiest way to change it please.

·
it looks stock.. kinda..
638 Posts
Back of the block behind the distributor directly under the oil pressure sending unit, and right next to where the transmission mounts.

Teeleton

·
Phoenix
505 Posts
Teeleton said:
Back of the block behind the distributor directly under the oil pressure sending unit, and right next to where the transmission mounts.

Teeleton
And it is a bitch to get to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts