S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tucker is mah name
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a brand new set of Blue Zone Bulbs in my headlights, and the passenger one is a different color. Looking down at it from an angle, The driver side one is a bright white, and the passenger side is yellowish. From a distance, with the full beam shining, they look the same, but from any other angle, they're an ungly mismatch. Anybody ever had a problem with headlights like this?

If I get no reply, it's cool, because I'm on my way to order the TYC crystal headlights and True HID conversion kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Basically the color of a headlight is dependent on the voltage.
Higher voltages changes the headlight's "color tempurature".
At the low end (1500 to 2000 Kelvin) the light is redish.
3000 to 3500 it is yellowish, then on to blue and then white (up in the 4000+ range. A 100 watt light bulb is about 2500, Halogen
lights in the low 3000's, carbon arc (and sylvania silver star) in the 4000 area, HID's usually 4500 to 5000+. Sunlight is about 6000, camera flash bulb around 6500 A real clear blue sky day is as much as 10000K. Various gases inside the bulb allow for higher voltage useage without having the filament burn out.

So.

Either you have two different wattge blubs or one of them is not getting the same amount of voltage.

·
Tucker is mah name
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, It's not the voltage. The driver side one is actually 3-hundredths of a volt less than the passenger side. I think it's the headlight housing lenses that are causing it. The driverside one is newer than the passenger, which is the factory-installed one. I'm upgrading to the TYC crystal housings, so no big deal.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Are the silverstars worth the money, its either them or PIAA bulbs, if i go PIAA it's gonna cost me about 50-60 bucks more, which way should i go???

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Silverstars are awesome!

There is so much diff. between them and stock, its awesome.

I have the low beams and they are awesome. I cant wait til i get more money and buy the high beams. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts