S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was looking around for performance parts for our truck(real bored and needed a good laugh) and came up RSM Racings page and they ahd alot of Cavi parts and I started wondering if any of them interchanged. DO they both use the same intake manifold? I saw their site http://webhome.idirect.com/~rsm1/cavalier.htm that already has a ported intake for it and was curious if that would work. And ive asked around and the local shops to see if they would bore out the TB and they either won't do it or don't have the right "parts" to do it. Thanks

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
not the same intake manifold, throttle body will work however. Internals are the same. flywheel is the same (well 98+'s are I know that)

Caleb

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
On twisters truck it will work because it is a 97.94-97 the throttlebody is part of the upper intake manifold.I have that part on my truck(59mm throttle body+upper intake) so i know its a direct replacement.Its just a stock upper manifold w/bored out and sleeved throttlebody,they did a nice job.It ends up being $200+shipping when you send in your core.Yeah,what summerwolf said,just internals.Wouldn't recomend trying to put the supercharger kit on a s-10 2.2,all the accessories are switched around on the cavi motor because it's a transversely mounted engine

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
really? I thought the whole intake manifold and the throttle body was like a big cast piece on the 94-97's.....I didn't know that.

Thanks for the correction then

Caleb

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
All of the internal motor parts from a Cavalier/Sunfire 2.2 can be used in a 2.2 S-10 of the same years. The only external bolt-on parts that I know of that are interchangeable withoutany fabrication is the crank pulley and throttle body.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well isn't that special? i would think that would help underhood clearances with a bodydropped truck. i love it when people get the balls to do sumthin different. PROPS YO

·
EngerManagementMotorsport
78 Posts
how hard was that to put on cause i know i remember trying to get my stock one off and it was turning out to be a real pain in my ass cause all them lil stupid bolts in the hard to reach places yeah ! but does your computer throw anycodes or do you feel any difference with the cavi manifold on the s102.2 ? cause im thinking about ur setup and wondering if i should go ahead and sayu screw the s10 one cause thats just in the way of everything cause i am in the process of doing a bd maybe and i definatly am gona need that extra clearance ! how much that cavi manifold run U? and the electronics all hook up ? like the egr shiz and yeah like the throttle cable is long enough? thanks bro givin ya big time props on da hookups!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Alright thats what I thought. Is there any aftermarket potential for my 2.2L at all?? I mean theres a bunch of stuff 98+ only, and alot less for my 94-97 engine, but there is some stuff. I have custom CAI, exaust, als headers, Efan, and UDP all planned. Is there anything else to help this motor move?

~Alex

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Alex_V said:
Alright thats what I thought. Is there any aftermarket potential for my 2.2L at all?? I mean theres a bunch of stuff 98+ only, and alot less for my 94-97 engine, but there is some stuff. I have custom CAI, exaust, als headers, Efan, and UDP all planned. Is there anything else to help this motor move?

~Alex
STS(sport truck specialties) i think was making a 57mm throttlebody for the 94-97.Roller rocker arms (1.6) help alot.

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
Alex_V said:

~Alex
Buy a supercharger, or even make your own turbo charger.

·
Completly Useless Truck
2,489 Posts
nitrous.... laughing gas.... you know.... the GO BABY GO stuff

·
Registered
191 Posts
Id rather build up a 4.3L for NA then pay the $1500 for a turbo and get "only" about 200WHP where if I spent the same on the carb'd 4.3L I got yesterday Id have much more power. I was thinking about a turbo and that would be cool and all but just not for me.

NOS/NX is a possability but I donno. I need to tear into this 4.3 and see what shape its in.

~Alex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts