S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I pulled my motor to do a head job. When putting everything back together I installed a flexfan (had one laying around) in place of my stock clutch fan. The flex fan was lighter so I figured it would be easier for the engine to turn. After the flexfan self destructed (for some unkown reason & took half of my fan shorud with it) I reinstalled my stock clutch fan. It was unbelievable how much better my truck runs with the clutch fan. Here I thought I was having other problems because my truck wasn't running as good as it used to. I did before & after G-tech runs. With the flexfan 0-60 was in 9.5 seconds. With the clutchfan 0-60 was in 7.9. To me that a huge difference. Now I can't wait for my electric fan. Just thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Now that youve experiences the difference between a non stop moving even though lighter fan vs a clutch fan. Dont be suprised how much the E-fan wont do, because the cluthc fan is very good at was it does cooling and allowing the motor to get power back. With the e-fan it may rev a little quicker at idle but times wise allmost a big fat 0. And cooling wont be as it once was.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
964pt3 said:
Now that youve experiences the difference between a non stop moving even though lighter fan vs a clutch fan. Dont be suprised how much the E-fan wont do, because the cluthc fan is very good at was it does cooling and allowing the motor to get power back. With the e-fan it may rev a little quicker at idle but times wise allmost a big fat 0. And cooling wont be as it once was.
I totally disagree. I have the Flex-a-Lite 210 dual electric fans and I picked up time at the track and It cools just as good as the stock clutch fan. If you do pulleys at the same time you will br pleased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts