S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the 95 and 94 TBI intakes. I wonder since Edelbrock makes an intake for 87-94 intakes and I was wondering whats so different about 95's?

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
95 is vortec!! oorah! the vortec 4.3 in 95' and up is different from the 94' 4.3 w/ vortec heads because it has more power.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the 1994 and 1995 TBI engines should be the same. you might call to check out what differences there might be with the heads bolting up, thats the only think i can think of.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
TruStinger said:
95 is vortec!! oorah! the vortec 4.3 in 95' and up is different from the 94' 4.3 w/ vortec heads because it has more power.
I dont know if thats true or not... Its too late for me to think so dont quote me on it

·
TRUCK FOR SALE!!
519 Posts
if you have a w in your vin code its a CPI vortec, if its a z then its a tbi non vortec.

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
There is no difference between the 94-95 CPI or the 94-95 TBI.... Heads, block, etc are all the same... (Obviously the intake a fuel injection, and CAM are different) The only differences are the ECM's and the distributors... Otherwise they are a direct swap...The 94-95 TBI uses the vortec heads)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
he reason Eddie doesnt list up to 95 is they give a chip with the manifold... and its for OBD1 engines... which 95 is definitely not an d94 is for the most part. you wouldnt be able to use the chip is the big differencec the intake will work on any of te CI or TBI motors... and the true vortec motors didnt start til 96

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok if the only reason is computer thats great cause i am backing my computer back to OBD I computer cause thats what my harness mates to, thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
94 distributor for carb conversion...

I have a 94 4.3 (pretty sure) and I'm converting it to carb and using NO computer controls or anything like that.

What distributor (HEI w/vacum advance) will fit this application
Where can I find one and what do u recommend? THanx in advance/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.