S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked there, but didn't see anything about 3-link. or is a 3-link basically a two link?

Basically i was getting a 4-link installed, but do to some complications (parts availability) they are suggesting a 3-link. so I want to know what the difference is betwwen them.

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
a three link works just like a four link. nothing like a two link. the diff. between a 3 and a 4 is that the upperbar is a wishbone shape on a 3 link. functions like a 4 link but since the top bars are only 1 piece they are only counted as 1 link. on a 4 link the upper bars are seperate. hope this makes sense.....

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
not if you get super pivot joints. :D i am going to be running a 3 link with super pivots and it will hit mad sides.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
A 3 link isn't necessarily a wishbone upper bar, that is just the more common setup so that the setup does not require a panhard bar.

Purple... investigate which type of 3 link is planning on being used, a wishbone 3 link, or standard 3 link.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
a true 3 link has 3 parrallel link bars and a panhard bar. 2 lower, and 1 upper link bars. the panhard takes care of the side to side movement.

a true 4 link has 4 link bars, and no panhard bar. the upper 2 bars are angled to replace the panhard bar.

a wishbone 3 link is very similair to a 4 link, it doesnt need a panhard bar at all. The only difference between a normal 4 link and a wishbone 3 link is on the 3 link, the upper triangled bars meet together in the front and have only 1 mounting point instead of 2 seperate ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts