S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 s10 ext cab

Its lowered 5 in the front and 5.5 in the back.
I just got a job downtown that requires me to park in the company parking garage and the incline to get into the parking garage is a bit to steep for my truck. The frame drags going in and out. The truck is my only mode of transportations right now.

So I am trying to track down 2 front stock springs and all the pieces required to raise the rear end back to stock height (C-bolts, nuts, etc).

I dont know if there is a parts wanted section but all I could find was a for sale section. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
there is the classifieds. also check craigslist.org in your area.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I take it you dont have ANY stock part?

I have spindles and U-Bolts if you want them.. for a small fee though..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it you dont have ANY stock part?

I have spindles and U-Bolts if you want them.. for a small fee though..
I dont have any stock parts at all.
When I got the truck it was already lowered and the guy I got the truck from doesnt have any of the stock parts.

The only parts I need are the stock U bolts and nuts and the stock front springs. The truck is sitting on the stock spindles right now.

PM me your asking price for the U bolts though thanks.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
As I said in the PM. Lowered 5" in the front your not on stock spindles.

·
No longer a pizza tech.
12,165 Posts
so what if the frame drags? I drag my truck all over town delivering pizza, dodging potholes bottoming out. i backed out of a driveway that sloped down in a trailer park, got my tranny stuck on the lip and started blowing my pass tire off, haha. so i pulled forward and backed out an an angle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well normally I dont worry about it. But with the way the slope is the frame drags and then it kinda gets caught on the 2 notches that hang down that connect with the rods to the rear end.

Also its an everyday drive twice a day. Not just drag here and there ya know?

so what if the frame drags? I drag my truck all over town delivering pizza, dodging potholes bottoming out. i backed out of a driveway that sloped down in a trailer park, got my tranny stuck on the lip and started blowing my pass tire off, haha. so i pulled forward and backed out an an angle.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
you lower a truck to drag. doesn't sound like a problem to me

no you dont.

:rolleyes:

you lower a truck to improve the looks, handling, some cases it can also help with gas milage.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Well even then.. you put blocks on the truck that drag the ground not the freakin frame.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,613 Posts
Dragging frame is one thing, being too low to drive is another.
go fig.

Well normally I dont worry about it. But with the way the slope is the frame drags and then it kinda gets caught on the 2 notches that hang down that connect with the rods to the rear end.
Huh?

you lower a truck to drag. doesn't sound like a problem to me
Not if it's static noob

some think drgging frame looks good.
It's bad ass when it's bagged so you can raise it back up whenever you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As I said in the PM. Lowered 5" in the front your not on stock spindles.
x2

but if looking to raise the rear back to stock. Go to part store and buy some replacement U bolts. They are normally fairly cheap and new and include nuts needed to install them. Just remove the lowering block (assuming you have them but with 5" drop in front with stock spindles IDK lol) and put axle back on rear leaf springs and secure using the new U bolts.

Fronts just find some stock springs and replace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is crazy but if u like the look of the truck......Park on the street or somewhere else and walk a block. Problem solved. Plus now u dont need extra parts and yer Saturday is free of wrenchin.
Yer welcome.

·
Varides.com
190 Posts
Um , I know this sounds retarded, But you could install helper bags on a valve.
Just to raise the rear up in the garage and let the air out to ride static again.

this guy i know did it. He didn't treat it like it was bagged or nothing, Just when he hauled stuff he would inflate em, or when he needed the extra clearance like in your case. .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts