S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on a few forums that all SS's come with the 4.3 but I've seen a few people claim that they have a 2.2 SS also, so just wondering, did any of the S10 SS's came with a 2.2?

·
Registered Hoosier
4,496 Posts
fake.
I had a 95 with a 2.2 5 speed. It had all the SS appearance stuff minus the fog lights.
It was a fake.

·
2.2 Extremist
4,307 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
There's a beautiful dark green one I pass going home from work every day. I don't have the heart to tell him it isn't an SS. Wrong tranny. Wrong color...but she's a beautiful truck.

·
Electrical Mod
56,117 Posts
If the glovebox doesn't have the RPO code B4U in the glove box, it's not an SS, no ands, ifs, or buts about it. All SS's have a W code motor 4.3L, (8th digit in the VIN), and an auto transmission. There are a lot of replicas out there, although the real SS isn't worth more than a non SS, it's just a truck with different badges.

·
A work in progress...
1,451 Posts
If the glovebox doesn't have the RPO code B4U in the glove box, it's not an SS, no ands, ifs, or buts about it. All SS's have a W code motor 4.3L, (8th digit in the VIN), and an auto transmission. There are a lot of replicas out there, although the real SS isn't worth more than a non SS, it's just a truck with different badges.
This sums it all up. I wish they would've offered the SS trucks with a 5 speed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Forever breaking this S10
5,489 Posts
This sums it all up. I wish they would've offered the SS trucks with a 5 speed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Not hard to do a 5-speed swap. Just grab an NV3500 off of another manual V6 S10/Blazer 2WD and all necessary components and you're golden, Ponyboy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Considering what this guy paid for his "SS" I really don't want to be the one to tell him. And no, no B4U in the glove box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Oct of 1993 Gm had a production number for the SS with the 5spd manual . I ordered one and waited 90 days-no truck. My dealer was informed only one truck had been built for testing and none (zero) would be built for the public. Replaced my order for a ss but with the auto -fully loaded buckets etc. Waited 60 days and the truck came in with a bench seat and the right door inner panel did'n't match the left. Reordered again this time everything was correct-black exterior-dark charcoal and black interior- power everything. The truck came in in late March 1994.I still own it today -it now has 22,355 miles on it. I just put it into storage for the winter. I won't get it out until almost May. The box looks like new yet-a foam micro cell linner under the hard linner.I've only driven it 3,000 miles since 1996-no hauling since then. All the original paper work is framed and mounted. I only do a few car shows a year with it now. NO MORE HAULING ! If GM hadn't (?) destroyed that one SS 5spd truck-I wonder what it could be worth someday ? I'm putting 20 year classic plates on mine in the spring .---Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll have my son try to get a few pics of the 94 SS and my 01 extreme (33,xxx miles). They're covered for winter (Welcome to Minnesota!!) so it won't be a full spring shoot.---Bob

·
Getting back to Boosting
881 Posts
In Oct of 1993 Gm had a production number for the SS with the 5spd manual . I ordered one and waited 90 days-no truck. My dealer was informed only one truck had been built for testing and none (zero) would be built for the public. Replaced my order for a ss but with the auto -fully loaded buckets etc. Waited 60 days and the truck came in with a bench seat and the right door inner panel did'n't match the left. Reordered again this time everything was correct-black exterior-dark charcoal and black interior- power everything. The truck came in in late March 1994.I still own it today -it now has 22,355 miles on it. I just put it into storage for the winter. I won't get it out until almost May. The box looks like new yet-a foam micro cell linner under the hard linner.I've only driven it 3,000 miles since 1996-no hauling since then. All the original paper work is framed and mounted. I only do a few car shows a year with it now. NO MORE HAULING ! If GM hadn't (?) destroyed that one SS 5spd truck-I wonder what it could be worth someday ? I'm putting 20 year classic plates on mine in the spring .---Bob
I have a 98SS with 43K on it. Bought it new my senior year in High School. I gotta get it back on the road. Super clean just missing everything that makes it move. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts