S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
damn, you trimmed so much i cant even see what you were trimming on! oh wait........ theres no pic! lol :thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Altophobic said:
thanks

you think thats enuff???

i still need to grind 'er a little to make it purdey

scott
should be fine. run it though the range of motion on it with the bag in there to be sure it has enough clearance.:thumbup:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just curious, where are you going to mount your shocks?

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Try it out

Place a jack under the lower control arm and jack it up. Place pressure in the bag. and check clearance. Go from 100 psi down to 0 psi and if it clears then you've done enough. Its always nice to leave about a 1/4-1/2" worth of room around the bag.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
joe_villa said:
just curious, where are you going to mount your shocks?
have not a clue????? maybe i will move my brake lines or somthing but really i dont know.

maybe [email protected] can help????

scott

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
When I had my truck bagged, I didn't need shocks, It rode fine. Check out the ride without the shocks and if you do not like it install some shocks. You weld on a mount for the top of the shock and you drill a hole in the lower control arm for the bottom of the shock.
You cut out enough on that side now you should cut out the other side where there is a lip

Attachments

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Run Shocks

Unless you are from Cali and I don't think these Cali ppl should be telling you guys not to run shocks lol, have they ever driven on one of our roads?

U don't have to weld the lower mount in the control arm, they sit in there just like a coil would.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i am from cali, i ran wihtout shocks for like 3 weeks due to not having the time to weld my relocators on while i was in socal. this past week i had clint at sic motorsports install em for me and lemme tell ya it is much nicer a ride, and sure you loose some turning radius but whne dirivin slammed(like i do alot) you don't have to worry about the bouncy ride, i can still set the truck on it's nuts and they haven't slowed or inhibted my lift in anyway(then again i only have ridepro valves which are't crazy fast valves) hope things work ok.

joshey

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
The whole lip in the back
I had my truck a little over an 2" off the ground and my truck rode fine without shocks, just like hipoblaze said you do lose some turning radius. But everyone has their own opinion. If you like it you like if you don't you don't.
Late
Chad

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is the bag with air in it between 40 to 100 and it seems to have about 1" of clearence in the rear where that lip is... from 0to100 i still have room. ill think i might still grind it a little but the only thing that is close is the pocket on the left of the pic i need to trim about 1/4" off

thanks for the info guys

scott

·
Registered
222 Posts
hey bro, you should easily com within 1/2" or less form laying that fornt crossmember down. i need to trim more outta the rear of my spring pocket near the rear cuase it is contacting the lower control arm hump when completely aired out. here is a little story i posted on another forum about scraping. btw what year is your truck again? i have a 92 s10 blazer with the exact same fornt bag kit as you.

here is my scrape story form last night ok so i was chillin over at my frineds house with a bunhc of guys and well it was late and we were hungry, so we headed to denny's. as we make the turn off of his street i decided what the hell i'll lay it down it was an empty street and the guy's behind me were expecting me to. so i do and throw some nice sparks then i saw a double row of orange road dots and veered over near them. i was booking and just poppin em off left and right. sometime yesterday i managed to bust the little scrap plate here off and couldn't find it today when i went to look. howeevr i saw a shiotload of road reflectors all over the street probaly a good 20 or 30 so i grabed a few of em and took off. oh well i guess it is just an excuse to weld a beefey new scrape plate/drag blocks to the truck for masive light shows.

joshey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts