S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I changed the valve stem seals, put the egr block off plates back on with new gaskets. After that I decided to clean the rocker arms and the push rods. I've labeled the arms to the correct location and kept rods in right order but I think the rods are probably not right side up anymore. Music playing, mind was drifting. Is this bad? By the way y'all rock.

·
Been there Done it
8,158 Posts
Are you asking if the 2.2l pushrods have a top and bottom and can they be installed upside down?
More important is did you smear assembly lube on all the contact points before reassembly? You never want to clean things and put them together dry. Since you kept them in the correct order just dipping all the parts in clean oil before reassembly would be OK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is assembled as of yet, I just thought the contact points of pushrods, lifters, and arms would have a certain amount of wear that each point was accustomed too. Dont want extra stress on 20 year old parts. Yeah enough lube on assembly to make jenna Jameson jealous. Thanks Hawkeye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts