S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine does not have one and i tried putting in one from what is probably a 4.3 auto and while the speedo and odometer seem ok, the tach is way off. It reads much lower than actual when i compare its reading at various RPM's against an OBD-2 realtime scanner. I'd like to source a unit from a 2.2 if they were ever optioned with one. Anyone know or have one?

Thanks,
Jon.

·
"rolling BareIsm"
78 Posts
not that i know of. But i put a '97 GMC Jimmy gauge cluster in it and I have had no problems with it. checked it several times with other after market tached 2.2Ls.

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size engine was originally in that jimmy that you took the cluster from?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah the 94-97 S-10/Sonoma 2.2 trucks definitely could be had with a tach, but it was sort of rare. The 94? tach cluster is real strange looking too, it has a Fiero style tach where 0 RPM is straight down, instead of like 15 degrees or the normal starting point. That may go for newer (95-97) clusters too, I forget.

My 03 S-10 did not come with a tach, after dicking around on eBay I gave up and ordered a brand new tach cluster from gmpd for about $200. I couldn't stand not having a tach!! The 98+ clusters are cooler though, I like having a digital odometer.

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone have pics of this rare dash cluster?

·
Registered
81 Posts
don't feel bad, my 98 is tach less, and it is kinda bad, have no idea where red line is, so cant get all of the engine, oh yea, it is a fleet model truck, so no options at all

·
Registered
179 Posts
All 96-97 isuzu hombres had a tach with 5 speed.

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
I dont have a tach, but im gunna get one of those UBER l33t BADASS 5 inch multi color 11,000 RPM tachs with shiftlight from Uber k00l E|[email protected] you know, cus i shift my 2.2 at 11,500 rpms ;)

But in all honesty, i really am getting one of those... i want a tach bad and i think they look pretty cool. But its not ricey cus i dont have a stock tach! w00t!

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
In all honesty.....a tach isn't that important on these trucks......redline has a fuel cut off, you can't hurt the engine unless you spin it high all the time.....I don't even really glance at the tach unless I'm launching it......:shrugs: maybe thats just me

Caleb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts