S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting some aftermarket speakers, amp, and building a PC to run the amps. I won't be doing this for a long time but I like to plan the shit out of something before I do it. I'd like to take out the stock headunit, replace it with a 7" touch screen to control the homebuilt pc which will be a headunit, nav, DVD player.

Anyway, what do you think of the 6 series Diamond Audio speakers for this price? I've heard them in person and think they kick ass, but what do you think about the price? Think I'd just be better off putting my money into other speakers? I was looking at either Infinity Kappa or Reference and thought both of those were awesome speaker sets too.

Fronts
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15027

Rears
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15029

Basically, what are your guys opinions on Diamond Audio at that price vs. Infinity at about 1/3 to 1/2 price?

Also, I'm fairly new to the audio scene, do you think if I just bought rear speakers with tweets built onto them and then for front speakers have the detached tweets and just place the tweets into the dash where the stock tweeters are, or would it be better to place full size speakers up there?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Diamond audio rules , next best is Memphis ....Had 2 Diamond 12's and a Diamond amp in my old truck , it rocked hard , very hard . Dowside was the fuse for the amp was like $30 and hard to find

·
Read Only
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I was also considering Memphis Audio. I've never heard them in person, but I've heard nothing but praises for both Memphis and Diamond.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a set of Diamond Audio 6 1/2's and if that is what you go with believe me you will not be dissapointed. Never heard the Memphis before. Focal is pretty good as well.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Diamond all the way. To get the best sound you will need an amp though. I have mine on an amp and they sound they wai they did when i got them 3 years ago.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Had both Diamond and Memphis, currently have Memphis. I liked the Diamond, held up well for my first system... But if you truly wanna slaughter, the Memphis Mojo is the way to go... But if your looking to save a few dollars, go with Diamond, still a great product

·
SFBD 5.0 Bravada
56 Posts
hell ya i just got the d6 components for the fronts and 6x9s for the back (2-door blazer)......

they sound excellent and i dont even have an amp on em yet. I am about to order the D6 600.4 amp in a few days so i can really hear what they can do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts