S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. take a 12" steel bracket that you made or aquired. Drill 2 holes 1" apart about 1" down from very top and leave the bottom alone. Do this for both brackets and weld it to a 40 1/2" peice of straight steel tubing. My brackets were 1/2" thich and tubing walls were 1/4" thick.

2. Then jack up the truck but the front about 5" higher than the rear.
(it will explain its self later)

3. Find the spot you want to mount it.
(How far back you want it from the axle)

4. Measure up from 3 1/2"" below lowest part of bed behind wheel well, Extremes measure 1" below this spot on GFX to 1" below top of frame and mark. Then drill out only the top hole for bolts. Then measure to find same spot on other side using known locations on frame.

5. Bolt bar in. This is why you jack up the front 5" higher because it will give you a slight angle for the drag bar so it isnt straight down to catch on rough road surfaces so hard and ben it or mess things up. Then drill out lower holes and bolt in.

6. Drive really fast down the smoothest road around and air up the front all the way and slam out the rear.

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
Dude I saw a truck almost identical to yours today at my buddy's shop. It was on 20" BC Chrome Magnetos, it makes me not want to even try, soo tight.

Phat info on the drag bar, I was wondering how this is gonna get accomplished when I'm baggin' mine! :thumbup:

P.S. WASH YOUR SHIT!

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The horns are train horns from hornblasters.com just a bit more fun while driving my truck

Did I mention they are loud as hell. They are real Railway Signaling approved horns. Go to the web site to here them.

Ozzy

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
yyyyyaaaaayyyyyy we got sparks YYYYYAAAAYYYYYYY

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
did u buy the package for the horns cuz im looking at getting some soon for my truck...id like to buy jsut two horns...thats it....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts