S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to take off my hole air condiotioning system. but im pretty sure i have to de-pressurize it first. i dont want no bolts smackin me in the face or nothin. so how do i do this. and can i take eerything except for the pully part of it off. like all the lines and shit that runs to the thing the pully is hooked to.

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
Remove everything as a unit... the compressor, lines, condensor etc. Do NOT just puncture a line and let the shit leak out.... its virtually impossible to be charged unless you let it slip to the wrong person, but fines for doing that are huge.

If you really need, take it to an a/c shop of any sort and have them drain the system for you. But your best bet is to remove it whole, and sell it to some shmuck that wants the hassle of upgrading to a/c.

·
Banned
65 Posts
u should have 2 valves, a high side and low side, tpush the shraeder down(like a car tire valve) on the low side and let it seep out it has a black cap on the valve, thats the illegal way to do it and the free way, or else go to a shop and pay the 45 bucks to have em evacuate it.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
very bad for the ozone

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
try catching the freeon! put a plastic bag over the shrader valve when you press it, lol. hey, it might work. there should be a black plastic cap on the left side of the dryer (the cylinder shaped thing) under the cap is just like a shrader valve.

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright well turns out i didnt even have any freon in there haha. so that was no problem. but then i got to takin everything off and then realized. how the **** am i going to get the blower box and shit off with all this other stuff in the way. so now im in the process of trying to get the fender off. not very easy. its stuck on something and i cant figure out what. and then it started raining on me. its been 100 degrees here for the past 2 weeks and now i wanna work on my trucka nd it starts raining. so i have now stopped and will continue in the morning. hopefully quick to cuz i dont have a second vehicle

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
very bad for the ozone
This is what cracks me up Yes to do fine you for releasing the tetrafluoroethane or R-134a they say it is wrong and bad to do.

They charge you to evacuate it and so on,

All a HUGE scam.. know why?

Ever see those canned air dusters?

K

now what is in them?

Yup you guessed it R-134a :haha: :rotf:

So let me get this they charge you to put it in your AC then charge you to remove it they then take it put it in little cans then sell it back to you so you can then just vent it to the atmosphere

funny huh? :rotf:

here,
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/supp/supp1.shtml

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
HOLY ****!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i just grabbed a can they i had sittin in my room to see and by god i woulda never guessed.. i've always wondered why those things get so ****ing cold after a while

·
NOFAT1S
579 Posts
The can of "air" I have here at work is "100% Non-Ozone Depleting" and says it is difluorethane. Maybe the R134a cans are getting phased out?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
The can of "air" I have here at work is "100% Non-Ozone Depleting" and says it is difluorethane. Maybe the R134a cans are getting phased out?
those are the cheaper ones they have that funny oder. :cool:

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
This is what cracks me up Yes to do fine you for releasing the tetrafluoroethane or R-134a they say it is wrong and bad to do.

K

now what is in them?

So let me get this they charge you to put it in your AC then charge you to remove it they then take it put it in little cans then sell it back to you so you can then just vent it to the atmosphere

here,
The can dusters i use have hfc-134a, which is a non ozone devouring product. I think dust-off uses hfc-152a, which probably does chip away at the ozone a little. Im sure the one you linked plays pac man with the ozone :haha:
There are so many ass backward laws and restrictions that cover one base but leave another wide open

·
Low & Yellow
1,366 Posts

K

now what is in them?

here,

Can't be that bad, I've huffed that stuff before. Makes you sound like darth vader when you talk.:) Warning to others, don't try at home!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Can't be that bad, I've huffed that stuff before. Makes you sound like darth vader when you talk.:) Warning to others, don't try at home!
haha hell yeah it does, sounds like those voice box things or whatever that make your voice really deep, I passed out once huffin that shit it aint fun.

·
Low & Yellow
1,366 Posts
haha hell yeah it does, sounds like those voice box things or whatever that make your voice really deep, I passed out once huffin that shit it aint fun.
Haha, yep. I've never passed out, came close though. I think if you do alot too fast is when it makes you pass out. Some buddies and I we're trying to **** with this girl on the phone with it, it's hard to keep inhalling it and keep the phone call going and not laugh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts