S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im waiting for Jared to make my harness and he is doing it without any emissions stuff can some tell me what all to take off the engine and what the process is to deleting all the emissions stuff? I thank you in advance.

·
It's a 4. something
3,980 Posts
Depends on the engine.

I had emissions deleted on my harness and ECU from Jared.

My engine is on 01 4.8 so it had an EGR system. I removed the EGR valve from the engine and ordered the GM blockoff plate for the intake manifold.

For the catalytic converters, I didn't have to do anything because I had to build a new exhaust anyway so I just didn't put the cats or the rear O2 bungs in. You probably already know this but you still need the front O2 sensors though because their not emissions related.

For the evap system, I removed the line from the intake manifold and capped the valve. Under the truck I removed the stock avap line back to where the fuel filter is and I capped the line right there.

Thats about it though.

·
It's a 4. something
3,980 Posts
what abou the A.I.R system just remove hoses and cap off spots in the exhaust manifolds?
I'm still a bit of a newb so I don't know what A.I.R is.

Also, what manifolds are you running? I thought that modified F-body manifolds were all that fit? Is this engine going in an S10?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going in Sonoma, I am running modified 99 f-body manifolds because they are not cast and you can weld on them. The air system comes off both manifolds and are the big hoses that run around the back of the engine. I really dont know the purpose either but I do know most of the LS1 guys delete these and the egr to clean up the engine bay and to have less stuff to go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.