S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am tired of the stock HU and I want to put a new HU in my truck. I already have the Pioneer 6400. I bought it two years ago and listened to it for one day and have not turned it on since then. I got in a wreck with my truck (79' Chevy) and it has been sitting in the 79' in the garage while I slooooowly fix the front end of the truck.

Ok should I use the 6400 and buy a lowering kit or buy the 9813?

I really like the 6400 but what the alpine has to offer is damn good too.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
sucks..sorry to hear about the crash..but hey u already have a HU so go get dat lowering kit u wanted unless u can wait? cuz if you're in no rush then u can go with either..u can get ur lowering kit and in the mean time play with ur 6400 and save some money then sell that and buy the alpine u wanted..up to you..good luck

·
Registered
211 Posts
i'm with 03....it's not like you have a bad head unit...you said it yourself. just use it for now and upgrade later. move to another mod for now.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I got the exact alpine hu coming to me soon, so i know it rocks. I'd still have to agree with the others though...if the other hu is just as good, and its not being used.....put the money towards another mod unless you're just dying to have that alpine, or if you're going to get the other truck up soon. BTW: Sorry to hear about that. =-/

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stay with the 6400 and get a lowering kit. My friend has that same model and it's a sweet HU, nothin shabby about it. Just use that till u wanna upgrade and then u already have ur truck lowered and u've made more progress on ur truck then if u would have just bought a new cd player.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah you guys are right, I think I am going to go with the 6400. Thanks Everybody, Appreciate It!!!

Gabe.

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
ThumpinS10 said:
Stay with the 6400 and get a lowering kit. My friend has that same model and it's a sweet HU, nothin shabby about it. Just use that till u wanna upgrade and then u already have ur truck lowered and u've made more progress on ur truck then if u would have just bought a new cd player.
i usually say alpine but in this case stay and lower your truck

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
the 6400 does have good sq and pushed a set of Quart coaxials very well, but the Alpine has a ton more features. I sure do miss my 6400 though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts