S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone i have a question for ya's. i'v just ordered a deep trans pan for my truck B&M70289 3extra quart pan. i'v called a few shops and they said it will fit my truck (says for a TH700R4-4L60 will not fit 2wd pick ups) now my question is this will this actualy fit my truck lol gotta ask the pros on the forum? i have 95 jimmy 4x4 with the stock exhaust (mainly concerned about the Y-pipe) front to back (getting this cause i tow a little and make it easier to drain with a drain plug built in) i hope someone can give me some good news lol

here is what i'v got on order incase it helps->

http://bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=4&cat=21&subcat=&pid=288

thxs for takin the time to read this

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
is there a magnet in the new pan to attract all the metal shavings? Maybe its just a bad camera angle?

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
91S104x4 said:
is there a magnet in the new pan to attract all the metal shavings? Maybe its just a bad camera angle?
I think the drain plug is usasully the magnet in pans like that

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
A DERALE pan would have been a better choice. Even though you added extra capacity, that shiny pan is mainly for looks. The Derale pan has tubes running front to rear of pan through the fluid acting as a tranny cooler, it also adds about 2 quarts extra capacity.

·
ZR2 Interceptor
662 Posts
Jetmeck said:
A DERALE pan would have been a better choice. Even though you added extra capacity, that shiny pan is mainly for looks. The Derale pan has tubes running front to rear of pan through the fluid acting as a tranny cooler, it also adds about 2 quarts extra capacity.
I think the B&M is steel but I'm not sure. An aluminum pan would have been worth the extra coin as it would last much longer and provide better cooling properties. Unless you only drive your truck on nice days, its going to rust in no time.

It does look good though.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
ppap said:
I think the B&M is steel but I'm not sure. An aluminum pan would have been worth the extra coin as it would last much longer and provide better cooling properties. Unless you only drive your truck on nice days, its going to rust in no time.

It does look good though.
Well the aluminum b&m runs upwards of $150, where the steel is probably 50 or so.

·
ZR2 Interceptor
662 Posts
Exactly why you get what you pay for. After a few winters, you'll wish you had the original pan back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts