S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here. What I have is a LS3 engine mated to a T56 harness was done by Jared at Current Performance 2-3 years ago. I've been driving my 1999 S10 Blazer for 2 years now with this freaken Problem.
The throttle is only opening 35% according to what I'm seeing and HPTuners.
I bought other throttles like another LS2 throttle another a trailblazer 6.0L throttle, another Trailblazer pedal and it still won't open full throttle.
I'm gonna try one last resort pedal that's off a C6 corvette, if that doesn't work what the hell can it be?
Anyone else here having this type of problem?

·
( . Y . )
989 Posts
I believe the pedal has to match the computer operating system. For example, if you used a colorado base tune you need a colorado pedal.

·
You lost me at carburetor
1,529 Posts
Abuse modes or torque management in hptuners? I am sure you looked at that already, though. Have you joined their forum yet? Lots and lots of people with swaps and they are very helpful. Is only 35% when the brakes are on or 35% maximum at any time? As earlier stated, do the pedal and vcm match?
These are things that just pop in my head immediately, not any gospel. Btw, the blazer looks badass with the clear glass. Maybe give us a rundown of what you have tried besides a pedal because that thing should run like crazy!!!

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Abuse modes or torque management in hptuners? I am sure you looked at that already, though. Have you joined their forum yet? Lots and lots of people with swaps and they are very helpful. Is only 35% when the brakes are on or 35% maximum at any time? As earlier stated, do the pedal and vcm match?
These are things that just pop in my head immediately, not any gospel. Btw, the blazer looks badass with the clear glass. Maybe give us a rundown of what you have tried besides a pedal because that thing should run like crazy!!!
It's 35% all the time, but if I press the brake the gas pedal does not read anything. It really sucks when I need to take off on a hill. I have to let the blazer roll a few inches back while the I find the sweet spot in the gas pedal. I always have to check and make sure no one is behind me or too close.

·
1,529 Posts
That's wack. Can you not use a camaro ss tune? What service number vcm do you have? Post up setup because my phone won't search for some reason and I don't remember what setup you have.

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's wack. Can you not use a camaro ss tune? What service number vcm do you have? Post up setup because my phone won't search for some reason and I don't remember what setup you have.
It's wack! Tell me about it, shit I can't do what it was built for.

When I get home today I'll hook up the HPTuners to it to see what Service number I'm using. From what the dude at PCM Performance told me he Programmed a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS OS.
I need to know from Jared at Current Performance what did he make my harness for. Jared would you please give me an idea where to start off. Summer is almost here and I really need this to be corrected already.

I don't see why I can't use a Camaro SS tune. It all depends what my harness was built off.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
The harness would have been made to run an E67 ECU. So Trailblazer mainly.
Would use the Trailblazer gas pedal, and Trailblazer programming normally. Have done it a few times now without problems, but I also did the programming for them.

·
1,529 Posts
Score! Jared, very cool of you to check out your records for him! So maybe, the programming is a little mixed up? So, in hpt, he needs the os ids in the info section to know exactly what has been programmed in there? That should tell him what his next step should be.....I couldn't imagine rolling around Puerto Rico with only 35% pedal.

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a short video of what the TBSS throttle body does. I'm also using a TBSS pedal too.

Type: Chevy Trailblazer (V8) 2008

That's all the throttle opens, I've been driving it like this for 2 yrs now. 35%

·
1,529 Posts
Part numbers for pedal and tb? Do you have the newest beta for hpt? What trans option is selected? Can you post an hpt file on here? If not pm me for email and ill take a peek at it. I know you are not a dummy, but sometimes small things get overlooked. I have done it plenty, lol.

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there anyone running a E67 ECM DBW with a 58x reluctor ring.

There has to be a problem somewhere. I mean I changed throttle bodies LS2 and TBSS throttle body and I tried 2 TBSS pedals and they all do the same thing. The only thing left to try for me to be 100% sure is a LS3 throttle body and a C6 corvette pedal.

·
1,529 Posts
Also check pinout differences between truck and corvette pedals. Seems like there are two pins reversed from one to the other.

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Also check pinout differences between truck and corvette pedals. Seems like there are two pins reversed from one to the other.
Here's a pin out of both pedals. I tried repinning the plug and nothing happened there.
Next week gonna order a C6 Vette pedal to see what happens there.

Attachments

·
5 speed 4 door blazer
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

If this doesn't work I am missing something. Maybe a tac module.
Why when I press on the brakes I can't accelerate? Jared I need your help here. If there's something you know that I might have missed please tell me. If I have to send you my E67 ECM to get it reprogrammed by you I will, just tell me.
Something is not right here. There's no reason why when I press the brakes I can't give it gas.. So in other words I can't do a burnout either.
I just wanna get my Blazer running for what I built it for.
TO HAVE ALOT OF FUN. Right now it's getting boring only being able to open the throttle 35%.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Do you have HP Tuners? Can you just email me the file to take a look at? It sounds like torque management to me.

·
Dreaming of Turbos....
3,796 Posts
E67 and 58x here no issues.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts