S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I go about disconnecting the drl on my 98 s10. I tried taking out the fuse, and it worked, but the bad part was that I could not turn the lights on when it got dark. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Are you serious.....if so that is the best thing I've heard all day.....I can just picture it....

(stupid DRL *grumble grumble* tap tap tap tap tap tap.....ahhh haaa...chevy I beat you you *******s, NO DRL NOW Muahahahahahahaaaa)

At least thats what I'd do...

Caleb

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
I did the same thing. Just hit your dome overide three times and listin for the chime or you'll also see the lights turn off. Do the same to turn back on. They reset when you shut off the truck so you have to do it again

·
Registered
25 Posts
there is a little black fuse with and arrow sort of symbol on it, it looks like an arrow hitting a "T" on its side.......pull that from under the hood, dont pull the regular fuse.....pulling this black fuse will get rid of the DRL but keep intact everything else, including the night sensor, highs, lows...etc.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
all you have to do is get in the underhood fuse panel....look for the big black fuse that is upside down to the rest of the fuses...then pull it out...bend prong 86 over, or cut it off...then put the fuse back in...everything will work except for the drl's....that is what I did and everything works great....except for the ugly drl's.:thumbup:

G

·
umm....that fuse with the"arrow hitting a T" you are reffering is not a fuse it is a Relay and if you want your DRL's to stay out...you need to pull the relay on the 98-and up
and there are a lot of relays under the hood ....soo just telling him to pull it is not doing him any good
i have attached a picture of where it is...soo...maybe it will help
it is in the underhood fuse/relay center..hope it helps

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts