S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
diabolical super-villain
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day Time Runner's are gay, if you own a 95-97, pull fuse number 15, no more running lamps! Down with gayness, Up with Darkness! Pull Fuse 15 today!

·
Registered
201 Posts
does anybody know what to do on a 98+? I'm sick of hitting the damn dome overide button.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
push the e/parking brake down one click where it's not really doing anything but it will turn off the day time running lights.

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Pull the fuse, and out go your foglights too. Anyone have a different solution for people w/ factory fogs?

Greg G.:p

·
Registered
444 Posts
Schematic

Here's the schematic for the headlight system for 98-99 models right out of the Chilton's manual. All the wire colors are correct in the manual. If you pull the DRL relay you will have no DRLs and everything else works fine. I've tried it.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Kalgor said:

is that the DLR relay from the distribution box under the hood?
yes, that's the drl relay from the fuse block under the hood...you only need 2 of the prongs to keep funtional high beams, but lose the drl's...30 and 87a...the other three...do as you please...lol

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I pulled the DLR relay and one of the high beams doesn't work, but the daytime running lamps still work.
How do I turn the daytime running lamps off on a 2000 s-10?

G

·
I have the answer!!! Just take your finger and push the dome overide button. Its not that hard. I guess some people are a little lazy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
IMO -- lets take out our seat belts and air bags too... down w/ safety up with accidents!!!!

everything has a reason why its there, the lights make it easier for grandma and others to see your truck, but when you get hit I guess you can pay more for insurance and get to re built your truck..

that's my $0.02

·
Registered
682 Posts
On the 98 I had there is a black fuse with a white arrow or something on it in the fuse box under the hood. Pull that no more DRL. That is what I did on my 98. 99 and up don't have it though. Go figure. Hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts