S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the speakers in my dash with Infinity Kappa plate speakers.

Do I have to cut the factory spkr wires or are there some sort of adapters I can get?

I'd like to be able to put the factory ones back in when I sell the truck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes they make adapters to fit the plugs. Check out www.crutchfield.com If you can order the speakers from them they include the adapters for free

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, to get to the dash speakers you'll need a small rachet with a torx bit. the speaker is secured by two screws (3/8 I think).

That's as far as I went since I do not want to cut any wires.

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
I believe those wires are just on spade terminals, if so you can safely cut the wire, and whn you put stock speakers back you can just buy $1 spade terminals and crimp them back on to the wire....

I may be wrong about the terminals, they were spades on my speakers, then again I have Bose........Use your best judgement!
:shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to run my own wires for my dash speakers, so i'm not sure exactly what type of clips they have, but if they're the special GM ones go to Best Buy and tell them you need some....they will most likely have them out back. My friend did that when he needed some for his 2001 Chevy fullsize. If you don't have a Best Buy, do the same at Circuit City. Paying 5 bucks for them in Crutchfield and then paying 7 more bucks for shipping and waiting for god knows how long to get them isn't all that practical. If you can't find them just cut the wires and attach spade ends to them. Hope you have some luck, later,
Spence

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.