S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash speakers are cutting in and out from right to left. Most of the time my passenger dash speaker is working and not the drivers side but some times the passenger speaker will stop and the drivers side is only on. I need a wiring diagram and some pointers on trouble shooting. Could this be a bad ground? Thanks 2003 blazer extreme. Stock wiring with no after market amp or Bose stuff.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
yup, youve got to remove the speakers to check the wiring, so some new units would be a real ice upgrade. crutchfield has them for like $25 bucks. no need to put back in old crusty drivers while youre doing the diagnosis to figure the issue. Could be a plug, could be a dead driver, could be a dying head unit. Me, id buy a new radio, new speakers, and replace them all at once. Get you some bluetooth capability and much better sounding audio for those long coutnry drives for a hundred or so bucks and be much happier all the way around

·
Registered
100 Posts
yup, youve got to remove the speakers to check the wiring, so some new units would be a real ice upgrade. crutchfield has them for like $25 bucks. no need to put back in old crusty drivers while youre doing the diagnosis to figure the issue. Could be a plug, could be a dead driver, could be a dying head unit. Me, id buy a new radio, new speakers, and replace them all at once. Get you some bluetooth capability and much better sounding audio for those long coutnry drives for a hundred or so bucks and be much happier all the way around
X2.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
They're probably just tweeters up front on the Blazer. GM already gave you a set of brackets that aim the tweeters nicely. I like to replace them with higher end tweeters. Probably have to open up the mounting hole, but sounds really nice on the 2 trucks I've done.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're probably just tweeters up front on the Blazer. GM already gave you a set of brackets that aim the tweeters nicely. I like to replace them with higher end tweeters. Probably have to open up the mounting hole, but sounds really nice on the 2 trucks I've done.

View attachment 352171
Yes they are tweeters. I ordered a wiring pigtail adapter but that does not fit so I cut the ends off and spliced to the adapter. I put the speaker in but it is laying on the top of the air supply plastic box. I made some small 1/8" shims and I can get it to fit even the stock cover. Now I get no sound. I have the black as ground and the red as positive. There is a inline resister on the positive line. I left that on when wiring. Or that maybe a bass blocker?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ya the
Yes they are tweeters. I ordered a wiring pigtail adapter but that does not fit so I cut the ends off and spliced to the adapter. I put the speaker in but it is laying on the top of the air supply plastic box. I made some small 1/8" shims and I can get it to fit even the stock cover. Now I get no sound. I have the black as ground and the red as positive. There is a inline resister on the positive line. I left that on when wiring. Or that maybe a bass blocker?
View attachment 352294 View attachment 352295 View attachment 352296
Ya the resister is there to protect tweeters from low hz sounds. Pull it off and see if it works. I didn’t know they only put tweeter up there in some trucks. My tuck has 4x6s on the dash and 4x10s in the c pillars. Stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts