S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Extreme
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I recently purchased a 2001 Chevy S-10 Blazer Extreme. I am slowly but surely bringing this beast back to life. I have been trying to find a dash for it but so far the only one I have found is on Ebay. The seller wants $500.00. So my question is does anyone know of a dash out of another vehicle that would work in the 01 Blazer extreme and how much modifications would have to be done?

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
656 Posts
Junkyards, as far as I know there’s no difference between an Xtreme and regular s10s dash. I think ‘98 to ‘04 is all the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct there is no difference. None of the salvage yards around have any decent ones. It's like every Blazer from 98 to 04 vanished.

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
Doesn't have to be a Blazer... Chevy S10, Blazer, GMC Sonoma, Jimmy, Envoy, Isuzu Hombre, Oldsmobile Bravada... at some point in 2002 (and earlier in Bravadas), they went to double DIN radios.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Sir I have researched as far as the trail blazers s-10 s-15 jimmys bravado. I know that most of them are good to fit but again I am unable to locate anything out there in better condition than what I already have. This would be the reason I am asking if any knows of something other than those already mentioned that may work with minimal modifying as i am no fabricator.

·
time to get cereal
5,400 Posts
Then you're better off having a stock one repaired then you are trying to make another vehicle's dash fit. That takes real skill, and to make it look and function right takes even more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know of any place or person that may do repairs. mine is so dry and brittle from sitting some parts I can just touch and it will crumble or break.

·
Been there Done it
12,197 Posts
Where are you located? Most dashes in the junkyards in the upper mid west and New England area are still pretty good since those climates don't get the continual hot sun the south has.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You'll probably have to travel or import a dash. I've sold and shipped a number of 1st gen dashes and one 95-97 dash. The 98+ are a bit larger in size, which is what kills the shipping. The guy on eBay asking $500 isn't too crazy. I could probably do one for about $350-400 shipped from Oregon depending on what shipping costs are.

·
Low & Yellow
1,368 Posts
I have a 02 sonoma double din dash minus bezel and upper defrost vent that's been smoothed and painted Dupont hot rod black.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I found 4 98+ in our local Wrench-a-Part that were still relatively "soft" and uncracked. Of course, I have no idea what kind of shape they'll be in once the dash is pulled. I need a couple, I'll give it a shot in a couple of weeks when they run a half-off special.
97 and earlier - forget it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so I recently purchased a 2001 Chevy S-10 Blazer Extreme. I am slowly but surely bringing this beast back to life. I have been trying to find a dash for it but so far the only one I have found is on Ebay. The seller wants $500.00. So my question is does anyone know of a dash out of another vehicle that would work in the 01 Blazer extreme and how much modifications would have to be done?
Hi J-
A few years ago I purchased an impounded 2001 S10 Blazer Extreme from a junkyard and parted it out. I used the engine, various wiring harnesses, and other parts for use in my 2001 S10 Blazer extreme. I did keep the dash, see photo. I don't know if you found one yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm looking for the dash board that everything connect into not the gages. You didn't keep that portion did you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately, no. I thought about that after I replied.
Just an FYI- you would be better to find one in a junked donor Xtreme and carefully remove it yourself. The dash on these 2001 Xtremes are unbelievably complicated wiring wise, but the entire dash can be removed as a unit after the steering column is lowered. The dash harness has mass connectors so you can disconnect them and remove the entire unit without disassembling the dash. You will find after removing all screws, the dash can be lifted and removed.
If you plan on restoring your 2001 Blazer for street use with all the computer systems, try to find the same year vehicle.
-Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts