S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
misses truck....sometimes
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 82 s-dime im working on and i HATE the dash in it....is there anyway without spending lots of cash to upgrade it? say a later model dash, how hard would it be to make it fit? thanks in advance.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
With later model dashes its not a matter of making it fit, its a matter of the gauges not working. All the feeds to the gauges are different.
Personally I prefer the early style dash to the '86 and newer style.

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
there is a kit that fits in there that is fully fiberglass..i forget the company that makes it but it cost almost 300..its a totally different looking dash..i like the way it looks plus you can put any kind of gauges you want, such as a stock cluster or a autometer package..someone on here has to know who makes it

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
stylin concepts sells it for $499, plus it takes a lot of cutting and it doesnt look natural in there. I love my dash, I would just switch over and make a gauge bezel and do all auto meter gauges. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Dash

I done the change also. It,s a straight forward job,really a bolt in,but like the man said,the guages are the problem.I used autometer guages in mine ,as well as an 86 camaro console. I can send you pic,s if you need them

·
Redneck Off-Road
1,047 Posts
Re: Dash

rick said:
I done the change also. It,s a straight forward job,really a bolt in,but like the man said,the guages are the problem.I used autometer guages in mine ,as well as an 86 camaro console. I can send you pic,s if you need them
I'd also like [email protected] thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts