S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 S10 Tahoe, 4.3L V6 2x4, Regular Cab-Long bed
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn in my headlights and my parking lights, my gauges go out of wack as well as my turn signal arrows being lit up without turning them on and my high beam indicater with low beams on. What fuses can I check to help remedy this and what wires may be burning? I’m assuming my best bet is too tear the cluster apart.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
687 Posts
There are no wires to be found in the cluster itself, the connector that plugs into the back of the cluster exits through a grommet in the firewall. If for some reason your grommet failed it could cause your wires to rub bare against the firewall. You should be able to see the hole without removing any trim if I’m remembering correctly. Did this start out of the blue or something that’s happened of and on??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had something similar happen on my 1986. It turned out to be the flexible wire membrane on the back of the instrument cluster. The membranes lamination had come apart and the wires in between had started to touch each other. I ended up using hot glue to put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts