S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This q is for all you guys that have taken your gague bezel apart to paint your bulbs. I took mine apart but wasnt very careful when i took gauge back off and a little brass spring and stainless steel washer feel out. If any of you still have it apart could you please look and tell me if see the brass spring and then take a pic of it. I will take a picture of the gauge back iam talking about and the spring and the washer and post them when i get my digital cam back.

Thanks in advance..

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yea same here Dj i didnt have any springs or anything that i recall and i had my cluster totally apart, mine is electronic as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iam talking about a 1990 S10 Blazer... Mine is also all electronic but i dont know where these could have come from. The shifter column indicator thing maybe?...who knows. Ill take some picks and post them tommorow. Thanks for your help so far.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yes now that you mention that it most likely is from the gear indicator mechanismn (mine never fell apart but i do remember lookin at it) the spring is used as a return spring for the indicator, but unfortunately i dont remember how it all fits together but if you cant figure it out post some pics and i can try to help.

tony

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm...out of curiosity i put the gauge back in and screwed the indicator back in...still works fine as do all my nice red gauge lights. Oh well, just hope its nothing important lol. Now all i got to do is finish paintin my interior and gauge faces and get everything back togahter. Ill post some picks when i finish it. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts