S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Hopefully everyone is having a good day.I have a question. I plan on switching the oem speakers on the dash. I'm a little confused on what size they are and couldn't find a size. It's an extended cab with rds.Any speaker recommendations for door or dash(no amp so far) Thanks yall.

· Premium Member
2,952 Posts
My 2002 s10 came with 2.5" or so speakers in the dash however they were mounted on a 4x6 plate. I replaced them with a pair of pioneer 4x6 plates.

· Registered
2002 S10 2WD (4.3L, AT)
506 Posts
Was not able to see the year of your S10. My 2002 S10 has 4"x6" dash speakers. The best way to check size is to look/see what you currently have. I replaced my OEM speakers with JBL Stage 6402 4x6 speakers (power handling: 35W continuous & 105W peak). Sounded great with the OEM amp....even better now that an after-market amp is being used to push the speakers....

· Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Oh alright thank you sir and just a quick question what are you running them from amp or stereo? and how do they sound.
They run to the head unit only

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was not able to see the year of your S10. My 2002 S10 has 4"x6" dash speakers. The best way to check size is to look/see what you currently have. I replaced my OEM speakers with JBL Stage 6402 4x6 speakers (power handling: 35W continuous & 105W peak). Sounded great with the OEM amp....even better now that an after-market amp is being used to push the speakers....
Oh ok thank you very much sir and its a 2003 but i think they should fit have a great day thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.