S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just got 4 1/2 Danz valves in today and I went to test them befor i put them on the tank and i tested 2 of them and neither one of them worked.. I thought I wired it right but must not and i tried every possible combination of those 3 prongs.... Any input would be great as to why they not working or how to wire them! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure, but id bet you just use the 2 prongs side by side..thats what i had to do on my ascos anyway

Hmm i tried that i thinkk, It should make a like clicking, or some noise like that i assume.. at least my 3/8 smc's do so i figure these would but when i test it.. nothing

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
i know asco and blitzluft use the 2 prongs side by side...one is the ground, the other is the power from the switchbox..the top one is unused on them

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well pretty much im a moron your right man Its the sides, i dunno i thought i tried that mut guess not! whew ok sorry bout that... Thanks for your help man

·
Registered
44 Posts
haha ya i just did the exact same thing with my danz valves, went through and hooked up all eight with one wire to the ground prong and one to a side prong... it really is true that assume-ing makes an ass out of u and me

·
.:|Hustlin4life|:.
5,662 Posts
Don't feel bad, I get at least a call a week from customers having the same problem, the ground symbol on the flat prong makes it confusing

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yeah, well now i know! And hopefunny anyone looking into danz valves!

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
GC's are like that too. Once both sides are wired to + and - the din actually grounds itself within to that larger post marked ground. I believe

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
i just ground each valve to itself to one of the bolts on the valve.

much cleaner and much less wiring.
doug, wouldnt the valve need to be mounted to metal for tha to work? curious as to i would like to do that this spring when the bed comes off again

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
your vavles are metal, and so is your tank, and its bolted to the frame/bed so you should be good to go
not everyones valves come right off the tank tho, only my rear valves come right off the tank so for those id be all set. my front valves have about 2 ft of 1/2' line in between them and the tank. ive got L bracket mounts made out of angle iron for them so i could still do it right. seeing the brackets are mounted to the frame

1 - 20 of 22 Posts