S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jabba The Griffin
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I use my A/C, the carpet at my front passenger seat gets damp. The area under the dash doesn't seem to be damp, just under the floormat. I'm also noticing a lot of dripping from behind the front passenger wheel. This is a few inches back from the normal A/C condensation dripping and is dripping from the undercarriage. The "water" is clear and has no odor. I don't have any overheating either. Any thoughts?

·
Jabba The Griffin
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the drain hose at the front of my blazer and it's dry, pulled the hose off the plastic piece and its dry as well so I'm guessing the clog is up higher. I'm obviously not very mechanically inclined. Any tips on where to check this up higher?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got no idea. Mine's a 2001. I'm pretty sure I'd have to pull out my fender well to even see it.
Were it me, I'd pry just try and carefully snake a coat hanger up where you pulled the hose off.

·
Jabba The Griffin
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the rubber drain hose and there wasn't anything that I could see. It pulled off easily, exposing a plastic "pipe" which is hard to see and difficult to get at. See the pics below, sorry they're bad quality as I took them with my cell phone. Am I at the right spot here? The black bracket you see is the front bumper bracket.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I couldn't say for certain. Maybe someone else will come along...
If it is, I doubt a coat hanger will help a whole lot.
If you have access to an air compressor, you could blow some air though it.
Need to regulate the air way down to like 4-6 psi. Don't wanna blow no holes in anything.

·
SSRT-S10
1,135 Posts
jack up vehicle on stands. get access to passenger side UNDER the a/c box near firewall. Using a flashlight (a bright one) look up around the box area... you should see a small short black hose that looks squished flat at its end... this is the drain hose for the a/c. Get a blower with at least a 1.5 to 2ft tip on it... and with a slight curve angle to it....
If not got that.., make do with what ya got...
shoot air into the hose in bursts...

do not pull this hose a-loose.... it is a severe pain to get it back into the correct place...

also check to see if the rubber of the hose is broken off... aka - the squished end ...
If yes.., well.., either a trip to a salvage yard or a trip to the dealer to replace it....
Usually if this end is gone.., dirt,mud, and whatever will find its way into the a/c box and eventually cause this blockage again....

hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts