S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive gone through about 3 speedo cables within the last year. i believe that it is something in the transfer case but not sure. the cables are breaking right in the t-case. it almost seems like the cable is unwinding. theere is about 3/4" of cable where its ok. then the cable breaks. the outside windings are frayed to hell but the center has a very clean break. i thought that if i can find a cable w/ a counter clockwise wind then it may not happen but i dunno :confused:. has any one else had similar problems?? i am out of ideas so any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
are you just replaceing your cable or the outside covering also? I had my exhaust melt into the outer cable and would eat the actual cable up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything. i think its like 18 bucks at napa. and my cable routes under the drivers side. my exhaust is under the passenger, so i know the housing isn't melted

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
2.8L s-10 Bob said:
everything. i think its like 18 bucks at napa. and my cable routes under the drivers side. my exhaust is under the passenger, so i know the housing isn't melted

well on my 2.8 it was pushed against the exhaust on the drivers side. remeber this is a v6 and the header and y pipe is on the drivers side also.

do you have it routed with any sharp curves? that could also be causing it to bind up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts