S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its been just over a year since this happened but i just found the newpaper article. i was the passenger in this pile of metal. was commin down a slight hill with the left turn at the bottom doin bout 35. i hear a loud snap come to find out it was the pin in the fifth wheel just as the jack break kicked in and all hell broke loose. the trailer took all the weight off the drive axels and took the tractor strait instead of goin round the bend. it started to roll to the driver side and blew out all 8 of the driver side tires but the steer tires. once that happened it just went over and slammed the road then it hit a 5 foot embankment goin into a corn field. when the truck hit the road i flew across towrds the driver side and broke the shifter clean in half with my left thigh. when the truck hit the embankment i was thrown head firts thru the windshield. on my way out the windshield the a piller on the driver side hit me in my lower back and threw me 35 feet down in the corn field. i was so pumped after all this i didnt even know i was hurt. i looked up and i could hear my friend yellin my name and askin where i was and to get him out. i got up and tried to get to em fast as possible but i couldnt move my left leg to well so i used my left arm to move it to get to him. once i got to em i noticed he was trapped in the truck by the door and the steering wheel. i started to rip the top of the roof off after gettin back in the truck to pop the airbag on the bottom of the seat. couldnt get em out. another friend that worked at the same company just happened to be right then when it all happened. we tried to get him out for bout 5 min couldnt get em out. at this time i could feel something wrong the pain started to kick in from my back my leg and head thats when i realized i was bleedin like a stuffed pig. the emt's showed up bout 7 min after it all happened. once there they they told me to sit and i knew i couldnt cause i knew i wasnt gettin back up. they flew in a chopper for me and him but since i was already out of the truck and he was trapped and the other chopper was at another crash i was rushed to the closest hospital. after all the x-rays, cat scans and everything else they could think of they flew me out to baltimore shock trama. i ended up with a servere concusion, 4 stitches in my left ear to put my earlobe back on which was danglin, 6 stiches in the left side of my neck, 4 stiches in my lower right back where a baby corn stalk went in sideways luckily 4 inches, tear in my small bowel, however u spell that, tendon and ligement damge to my right arm, broke 4 front teeth, broke my L3 vertebre, which in now floatin never healed, and the lose of movment in my left leg for 3 weeks. no i wasnt wearing a seatbelt and its a damn good thing i wasnt cause every doc said if i had i would of either been dead or paralized from the weist down. i still have problems with my back and arm to this day some days not bein able to get out of bed. wish i had takin some more pics but it was a erie sight lookin at the truck after i got out the hospital with the what ifs and what coulda's. the driver had some bruises on his legs and was back at work in 3 weeks. sorry its a long post

sorry the pics wouldnt come up heres some links
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lilsquirelnuts/detail?.dir=8054&.dnm=9945.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/psychodad813/detail?.dir=8054&.dnm=12a3.jpg&.src=ph

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
damn dude you a lucky mofo that is one focked up twisted pile of truck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts