S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went in, got asked what i want. said an automotive relay, he finds it, asks me that all?
i say yes

he brings it to the cashier, rings it up, i pay, he puts in bag, i get home.

wanna use but look in the bag and the damn this is a broken returned item.
prongs bent and broken. blah. and past 6 so theyve closed. i got there at like 5:50
soooo i gotta go back and bitch at them

·
Sneaky White Person
9,765 Posts
i've gotten parts like that before from RS

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
they're like a technological version of wal-mart, doesnt matter how ****ed up it is, goes back on the shelf. and the returned food.........i REFUSE to buy cold food from wal-mart, i have seen it sit in buggies for HOURS AND HOURS, im talking like 12-14 hours, then when someone finally gets around to it, it goes back in the cooler. **** THAT

·
awd equipped
3,013 Posts
i went to radio shack this past thursday to get supplies for my h.i.ds. i just walk past every employee there. ill look around until i find it. they always ask me if they can help me, i tell them im just looking around and can handle it. the rs in my town always has people in there that dont know what things are when you tell them what youre looking for.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
ours are prety good. one guy in there is a retired electrical engineer so its all good when i go in there askin for stuff...

but i hate to ask, but did you even look at it before you bought it? i do no matter what it is...

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ours are prety good. one guy in there is a retired electrical engineer so its all good when i go in there askin for stuff...

but i hate to ask, but did you even look at it before you bought it? i do no matter what it is...
no, i didnt touch it.
i knew what i needed, saw he got it from the correct section of the drawer and assumed good

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I guess I am fortunate enough. The Radioshack by me is cool. I go in. They ask what I need. I tell them. The proceed to help me find what I need. Usually ask for what will it be used for automotive wise. I tell them and they 95% of the time help me figure out even a better way of doing things and throwing in the other stuff that I wasn't going to purchase. (i.e wiring up a 10 switchbox )

·
Chip Chipperson
6,827 Posts
i had to deal with radio shack this whole weekend,i remember the days years ago when you went in and the people there knew what they were doing and knew about electronics and everything,but the guy i had to deal with didnt know jack,i was looking for a diode,checked there website said they had it at my local store,i went asked for it guy didnt even know what a diode was,i had to look for it myself,just pissed me off.

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup. local radioshack normally has NO idea what a relay is, so since this guy knew, i figured, hey they got a new smart one for once.. turns out not...

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
yeah the radio shack near me has morons working there...i went there and they said...can i help you...so i aske for a 1/8 stereo head phone jack...he brings me to the area where they sell ipod adapters..im like no..i need the jack you plug it into...he is like oh we dont have that.....i go yes you do...he says i think i should know..lol

so i go over to the bin and show him what i wanted...he is like ooohh that...you didnt ask for it correct...its a 1/8 stereo receptacle...i turn and look at the package..and whats it say? 1/8 stereo jack...

moron

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
I like how they always want your name and address, even when you're buying a little $1 item.:haha:
yea the main reason i only shop there every few years when i absolutely need something i can't find anywhere else, that's a pain in the balls to anybody

assholes wanna know everything about you..... makes me want to offer them a blood sample and tell the prick to send her girlfriend over and i'll give radioshack a sperm sample too:D

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
yea the main reason i only shop there every few years when i absolutely need something i can't find anywhere else, that's a pain in the balls to anybody

assholes wanna know everything about you..... makes me want to offer them a blood sample and tell the prick to send her girlfriend over and i'll give radioshack a sperm sample too:D
i just make up shit...

address?? yes 123 fake street

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i usually wait til i get out to the truck, then look at what i got and make sure its ok, before i leave....
from now on i will. i DID wonder why he stuffed a single item in a bag for me... but i thought he was being nice... so much for that idea:rant:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts