S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn my bumpstop is touching the frame. you guys with 3" coils please read and respnd

well my bumpstop is touching the frame with the use of a 3" belltech blazer coil.

you 2nd gen guys with s10s or blazers that have 3" coils how much clearance do you have between your bumpstop on the lower control arm and the frame. please take a peak under your truck and check when you get a chance. i need to know asap.

ive stood on the corners of the front bumper and jumped up and down. even though the bumpstops just touching the frame i still seem to have some susp travel as each corner will bounce up and down. however i do not have tie rods, sway bar, shocks or calipers put on. just the wheels on so i could check for bumpstop clearance, which i dont have any of.

you guys think itll be ok to drive or should i just take out the 3" coil and put in the 2" coils i have lying around?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have a 98 ex cab 4.3 auto with 3 inch coils and i took my bumpstops and brackets out when i put in my springs, i have had no probs with them like that. i would just takem out.:thumbup:

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MightyMouseJ5 said:
i have a 98 ex cab 4.3 auto with 3 inch coils and i took my bumpstops and brackets out when i put in my springs, i have had no probs with them like that. i would just takem out.:thumbup:
you took the front bumpstops right out???

wll if you do that then the actualy arm of the lower arm is going to bottom out on the frame right in the back by the bushings where it connects to the frame. i guess i can trim it, but no more tha 1/4" cause itll just hit the frame instead of the bumpstop t hen

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
slammed01blazer said:

you took the front bumpstops right out???

wll if you do that then the actualy arm of the lower arm is going to bottom out on the frame right in the back by the bushings where it connects to the frame. i guess i can trim it, but no more tha 1/4" cause itll just hit the frame instead of the bumpstop t hen
actually, i have had this drop for about 8 months now and i have yet to bottom out:thumbup:

·
14,970 Posts
I trimmed my bumpstops down as much as I could (i have about 1/4" left) and I bottom out sometimes..But i am thinking it also could be my shocks are not working as well as i would like. (cheapo summit drop shocks) I got a hookup on some used zq8 shocks so before i go and get new bumpstops.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I took my bumpstops out along with the brackets and havent had any problem, just take em out, if your arm is touching the bumpstop now and you take them out it will actually lower your truck a little plus it wil ride a little better 2!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts