S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I da numba wun tunda!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just installed my 8.5 Superconductor wires and 5 NGK Iridium plugs...during installation of plug #3, the bastard cracked on the ceramic part and flaked off. So I had to reinstall one of the AC Delco Plugs. But I think I figured out how to properly install plug #3.

First jack up the truck so you gots plenty of room to work in the wheel well, lift the flap up, and slide on a 5/8" wobbly plug socket(heres the trick, remove the rubber crap in the center of the socket...removing it give the socket a better angle around the plug) you cant use a regular 5/8" plug socket...its too long, the one I gots is from Sears (p/n 43322)

one question, is it okay to use the old plug wire guides for 8.5mm Superconductor wires?

·
Registered
27 Posts
plugs

i just did my plugs today in my 92 s-10 blazer its a pain i got cuts and everything else.i used a metric socket to fit the plugs that just wouldnt move with a swivel and extesion.i purchased bosch planinum plugs which are a bit shorter for next time removal should be easier.i reused the same wires but dist. cap i would go with blue streak,,advance auto stores,they are thicker and will last longer.

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,731 Posts
you could also use a 5/8 deep socket. the only thing is that the sparkplug socket has that rubber thing in there to make it easier to thread the sparkplug in so you will not crossthread it. i just hate it when that stupid sparkplug socket gets stuck on the plug and doesn't come off with the socket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if u have a 4.3 and dont mind taking the time to take off the lower end of the steering shaft it makes #3 alot easier. come through the wheel well if u can

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
all I did was cut about 1/2 off a standard spark plug socket that makes it easier to get on the plug then I use a 19mm moon wrench and break her free that makes it super easy!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts