S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got a pair of Belltech’s lowering leaf springs ( 3 in drop ) and 2 inch blocks. i have been looking around to find what shocks i need but cant really find what im looking for. i still need to haul the 600rr so with a 5inch drop do i need air shocks, or should i use some stiff regular shocks? if anyone has some part #'s or a link that would be great

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
They list these with the option of 3-4 drop or 4-5 drop but the part numbers are the same. What's up with this?

I would think he should order shocks for a 3" drop in his case because the drop blocks don't figure into the amount lowered since they don't change shock length requirments.

Lot of people on here have good things to say about these shocks.

·
Check your ground
30,848 Posts
yeah i couldnt figure that out either. it also says they dont come with a boot but mine did. i just clicked 5" drop for his application and lowered (of course) i have them on the back and i have nitro 2s up front. if i could find some doesch techs for the front id get them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm.... lol didnt see that thread. but i guess i will get the SUM-G7723. i wonder if oreillys carrys them, and if they have the same part #

·
Check your ground
30,848 Posts
couldn't hurt to ask man. btw to clear up any possible confusion summit sport truck shocks = doesch tech shocks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
get stock replacement gabriel shocks. they will work fine and wont bottom out. you only need something with a 3" drop b/c the block doesnt change where the shock is mounted

but i have 3" belltech leafs with the low grade gabriels since they are a little softer and have no issues. plus they are 20.00 a piece

"drop shocks" pshhhh f*n sales gimic....the only time you need them is when your suspension doesnt bottom out before your shock b/c normal shocks dont have bumpstops in them designed to take the force of the vehicle bottoming out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts