S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. When I need help on my S10, it’s s10 forum I go to with far more superior advice on any issues I have. So here goes. I have a 92 s10 2wd pickup with a 4.3 TBI engine. I just bought the VHX-86C-S10 Dakota cluster. Instead of replacing the oil,temp and speedometer with the ones that comes with Dakota cluster? I wanted to get your advice before I start this project. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly.instead of using the sensors that came with the Dakota kit. Would it work if at the s10 cluster connector I use the wires that go to the stock oil,temp and speedometer and connect those to the Dakota control box? The Dakota setup came with those 3 sensors and the wires to go from the control box to each of those 3 sensors

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm in the middle of installing a Dakota set in an LS swap C10 right now. Reading the instructions it seems they can work with a variety of sensors, but I couldn't tell you if yours on particular will work or not. I'm using the speed and tach signal from the engine controller and sending the rest over Class2 using an extra module from Dakota. There's a setup process to calibrate the inputs you end up using for each gauge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the middle of installing a Dakota set in an LS swap C10 right now. Reading the instructions it seems they can work with a variety of sensors, but I couldn't tell you if yours on particular will work or not. I'm using the speed and tach signal from the engine controller and sending the rest over Class2 using an extra module from Dakota. There's a setup process to calibrate the inputs you end up using for each gauge.
Thanks Harley for replying back. Every bit of info on this project I will note

1 - 8 of 8 Posts