Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ahhh that is about where I want that ride height maybe a little lower

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #24
She is a driver, certified worker dirty and all lol.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #25
Took a drive out to Valley of Fire with the Lady and had to take a quick pic of the s10 as dirty as she is lol

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #26
156k runs very well

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was out on the highway enjoying a cruise, then I hear a loud pop and the sound of a metal object hitting the rear underside of my s10

Well dang!!!!!! A big bolt or something killed my tire

• Sad
Reactions: theArtisen

·
B4U Task Force Admin
x_posts
If it weren’t for bad luck…..🙄

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #29
Absolutely
Could have been worse though

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #30
After having this s10 for a year plus, I cannot believe I have not modified the factory air box!
So, today I decided it's time to open it up a bit.
No more 2" hole with a 4" dong! Now it has a 5"X5" square passage cut into it, I believe it will now be able to breathe. Sorry no pics were taken

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, indeed it makes a nice difference.

·
Been there Done it
x_posts
Bet the ole butt dyno went off the scale. It probably doesn't hurt that this time of year the air is cooler.
Aren't you worried come July that the air going in there isn't going to be going thru the rad? Any not going in the air box might help lower the under hood temp so maybe a benefit in warm weather?
I'm trying to figure out a way to let some extra in on both side of my LQ9 to reduce under hood temps in summer. w/o taking it from the rad which will need it. Maybe a couple old ram air type inlets under the valance and some dryer hose?
The shiny aluminum, not the plastic. Don't want to take it from the valance with extra holes thinking that might decrease what does go thru it to the rad. I suppose as long as those were sealed it wouldn't effect what normally flows thru for engine cooling.
Do you think a cowl hood would let engine let escape. If they weren't so dated. maybe in 1990?

Reactions: Gen210

·
B4U Task Force Admin
x_posts
Bet the ole butt dyno went off the scale. It probably doesn't hurt that this time of year the air is cooler.
Aren't you worried come July that the air going in there isn't going to be going thru the rad? Any not going in the air box might help lower the under hood temp so maybe a benefit in warm weather?
I'm trying to figure out a way to let some extra in on both side of my LQ9 to reduce under hood temps in summer. w/o taking it from the rad which will need it. Maybe a couple old ram air type inlets under the valance and some dryer hose?
The shiny aluminum, not the plastic. Don't want to take it from the valance with extra holes thinking that might decrease what does go thru it to the rad. I suppose as long as those were sealed it wouldn't effect what normally flows thru for engine cooling.
Do you think a cowl hood would let engine let escape. If they weren't so dated. maybe in 1990?
We had record temps here last summer...115*. I didn't have any problems cooling. I really do recommend getting your manifolds ceramic coated, and some VHT ceramic exhaust primer and ceramic paint for the rest of the exhaust system. A cowl hood isn't going to let any heat escape unless you're at a stop. Just for fun, I taped several strips of paper at the rear of my cowl hood. When at a stop, they pretty much just sat there. Once I got rolling...15-20 mph, they got sucked up tight to the holes in the cowl.

·
Been there Done it
x_posts
I just painted my manifolds with the VHT ceramic paint. Mainly to keep em prudy. Now I just have to touch up the places they got scratches going in. Just tiny ones. Think I'll shoot some paint into a cap and use a tiny brush.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #35
Rollin smoothly on the highway then the ses light wakes up!!!! I will scan it when I get back to civilization

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #37
It's alternator upgrade time, I found LKQ has a bunch of 03 Tahoe 145 Amp alternators available.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #38
More work to come

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #39
AC on blast chillin in the drive through when it's 108° out

·
Registered