S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing this over since I never actually did an upgrade thread on my s10 that replaced my 4 door blazer. I purchased this truck late November and it really needed A LOT hence the good deal. It is a stripper truck, no carpet, no power doors but it does have a 4.3, 4l60e exactly what I wanted.

The brakes were destroyed........
The Blazer was robbed of many parts for this s10 lol.
2" drop spindles
Slotted and drilled rotors
New Stainless brake lines

I did end up putting a factory shifter and console in it, cannot find the pics of that at this time I may just upload a pic later.

I also had some issues with the fuel sending unit the precious owner put some plastic JB Weld on the fittings so a new sending unit was ordered and I used a Quantum 255 pump, then I replaced the spider injection now she runs sweet and gets great fuel mileage.

As for now the s10 is on 2" drop spindles, and 2.5" blocks. 275-40-18s. The 8.8 is not quite ready to be installed but I will cover that soon.

I switched my front end to the Envoy, just a little bit of body prep and it will be ready for paint, thank goodness....

I know she looks a little rough but she will be tightened up soon.
I am adding power doors that I got from a real clean Jimmy, great price too! They stay off until everything is painted.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also put Bilsteins on this truck since I did a size comparison with a great aftermarket shock
The piston shaft length is better for s10s with lowering springs whereas the Gabriel Ultras are very nice for an s10 with spindles and maybe a 1" drop spring.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,349 Posts
Copy and paste parts of other peoples post, trying to make it look like they aren’t scammers trying to get their post counts up. It’s the second thread they’ve done it in so far.
I don't think it's a matter of upping their post count. Members...old and new answer the "my friend has what you need" posts with 1 post. Just make sure to get the screen name and send it to me....they'll be dealt with.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to my favorite boneyard to get my 8.8, complete rotor to rotor, brake lines, emergency cables and Ford yoke. Will post pics tomorrow since I have home improvement chores to do🙄

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, small problem!!!!! The 8.8 I got actually has 4.10s in it which is a little more than I need for my daily. Not a huge deal just a little more labor for me.
The flower pot s10 has a nice 8.5 w/3.42s and a brand new POSI 😋 only drawback is I have to shorten my driveshaft.
8.8 when picked up

All degreesed and pressure washed and ready for some paint.

Definitely not working on either truck today its

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had to drop some junk off at the recycling center♻ and got the weight of my daily ride s10.
Stock everything under the hood
4.3 v6
4l60e
C5 wheels 18x9.5, 275-40-18s
4- 2.5" spacers
Blazer front brakes
Small stereo system
Bucket seats
Console and shifter
No spare tire
1/4 tank of gas
GM bed liner
3300 lbs w/o me in it

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 set of chrome C5 wagon wheels dropped off at the Powder Coat shop. S10 parts room

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got a call from my local powder coating shop stating my wheels are completed. Pics to follow

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me like.... now have to finish the center caps and get new lug nuts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Such a pain working on 2 trucks at the same time but fun lol.

I finished the center caps but there is a small issue with the lugnuts so I may have to change it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was unable to get a replacement double din dash bezel since mine was cracked, I did the next best thing

Reactions: Grizzly BearD

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went for a nice little drive from Vegas to Laughlin 175 miles round trip used roughly 1/2 tank of gas and to my surprise the little 4.3 knocked down 21 mpg in 102° weather.
The river was looking good too.....

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found my vibration finally. Driveshaft got beat up by something.

8.5 is in, thankfully!!!!!! Other projects became a priority.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes Sir, it gets tough sometimes because of parts sourcing and upgrades.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts