S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Arctic Cat should be named "The Green **".....;)
Ok so it is actually. But the truck was ugly green and rust colored till a week ago. And it had a mystery engine and trans swap at some point in its life, so I couldn’t pass up calling it that too. 😂😂

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stay tuned for winch install in the next couple days. I’ve never done a project with pics and a write up. So we’ll see how it goes. 👍

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m going to be modifying a 12k winch plate and mounting it under my frame between the stock tow hooks and the frame. So I’ll be keeping the tow hooks😋

·
Been there Done it
12,468 Posts
That Arctic Cat should be named "The Green ’Tard".....;)
Nothing wrong with Arctic Cats. I've got an 07 500. It has 4wd independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, automatic trans, no computer, the venerable 500cc Suzuki engine, front diff lock, 2 or 4wd. Just about anything you could want on an ATV.
My son in law had a tie rod end brake on a Polaris while driving at a relatively low speed on a flat dry surface and he ended up in the hospital seriously injured. I won't ride one let alone buy one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nothing wrong with Arctic Cats. I've got an 07 500. It has 4wd independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, automatic trans, no computer, the venerable 500cc Suzuki engine, front diff lock, 2 or 4wd. Just about anything you could want on an ATV.
My son in law had a tie rod end brake on a Polaris while driving at a relatively low speed on a flat dry surface and he ended up in the hospital seriously injured. I won't ride one let alone buy one.
[/QUOTE
Agreed. I love my cat. Mines an 04 and has all the same stuff as yours. Except I don’t have the front locker. But still an amazing machine. And heavy duty as all ****. Plus the 500 zuki engine is quite powerful, and supposed to be super reliable. Yup, great machine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, and I am also on the same page about Polaris. I will never own one. I know they probably make “a few” good models. But that’s not good enough. Fords of the wheeler world I call em 😂😂

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual RWD
365 Posts
I spent 30 years in the power sports business. Just my opinion, but AC is the only one I won’t recommend. Glad y’all love yours.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I spent 30 years in the power sports business. Just my opinion, but AC is the only one I won’t recommend. Glad y’all love yours.

View attachment 352117
Haha that’s ok. More ACs for us😁
A good friend of mine has a couple grizzlys. Excellent machines. Very very nice on the trail. And fast. But the clearance I have on my ac means I pull him out more than he pulls me out👍 And that’s all I have to say about that😊

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. Doing the winch today. Gotta run and grab some grade 8 hardware. Then I’ll be cutting and bolting😋. Looks like I tore a cv boot last night wheeling. Yay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got the winch all done yesterday. Took quite a while because of life stuff. And now it’s raining all day so I can’t go put the finishing touches on. I need to run and grab 4 grade 8s to be completely done. I only had grade 5s of the size I needed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts