S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fix for this? Broke off dropping the tank even with the lines freed up.
Automotive tire Wood Water Gas Asphalt

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,015 Posts
What's this in?? Looks like new pump time.

Reactions: aitch

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,015 Posts
In the future...pull or tilt the bed...make your life easy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, same thing happened to me during my swap. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're gonna have to replace it. When I broke mine it was during a lean wallet moment so I figured I would clean it and epoxy it. It last all of 6 minutes until fuel got to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha! Yeah I hear the desperation. As much as I want to Mickey Mouse a fix I know it’s not worth the risk. Was hoping there was a magic repair out there but I knew it’s a long shot.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Could get another bucket/pump assembly from the junkyard. If you know your pump is good you can swap pumps between the plastic bucket assemblies.

I've also gotten used pump assemblies off eBay for various vehicles. Last one was for a Trailblazer I was trying to sell. They use metal for the pipes and the buyer found there was a leak due to rust. $30 on eBay for a pump assembly from Texas. Took an hour on the lift before I sent it home with him for the right price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn’t realize I could do that. It’s from a donor vehicle for my project and was just going to be a backup. Glad to know I’ll be able to swap parts with my other pump when the time comes. Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts