S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question, i bought my truck a few months ago and its a 96 s10 with a 2.2. Alright well i had to bleed my clutch since i lost all pressure somehow and while i was doing that i was thinking what the hell, ill just do a full tune up. Well everything was going good until i got up to changing the plugs. I gapped the plugs and reinstalled them and the wires and noticed that the wires were installed from the back to the front of the truck like this:

Now i didnt think much of this until i checked my Haynes manual and it showed a picture of the firing order and explained it as firing:

And on the 2.2's the cylinders are from front to back 1-2-3-4, however i checked the DIS and followed all the wires and the wires were where they should be on the coils except on the plugs they were completely backwards. So i ran the truck like this how it had been running and it was running fine and drove it around a little, same response as normal, then i ran the wires the OTHER way, the way the Haynes manual said to and it ran fine also and responded like normal. If your understanding this at all, someone please respond and let me know if this is bad or anything because im not sure i understand exactly whats going on. In theory it shouldnt even turn over, however i have no clue about DIS. All the guages are normal, no SES light, temperature is the same, oil is the same. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
463 Posts
the way it is set up the coils fire and extra spark on the exhaust stroke to burn the leftover fuel. since they are exactly 1 turn of the crank appart the extra spark is running the engine, I think.

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
woah, that's weird.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I thought it just had an extra spark, it fired two cylinders at once. I don't know if it is to clear the exhaust or not, but thats how it is running.

Caleb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts