S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the heads the same hi port vortechs on the newer 4.3?
what i really want to know is will the intake bolt up to a 2000
4.3 or is the port layout and bolt holes diff?

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
If your asking if the Sy/Ty heads are the same as the new ones, No they are the same heads found on all 88-92 TBI engines (Junk)

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
He is correct. Most Sy/Ty'ers buy the newer Vortech heads because they flow better. The intake can be bolted up to the Vortechs with some minor porting.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey Sy-guy is it possible to also bolt up the fuel injection system they use on the SY/Ty on the newer 4.3 if your using the intake man.? I just wanted to know because the Sy/Ty looks sweet with a fuel injector for each cylinder.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Yes it is possible, but do you have the wireing harness? If not then it is a pain in the ass! You will have better performance if you do the regular 4.3 upgrades that everyone else does. Alot of people think it is easy to convert a 4.3 to a Sy/Ty but there is alot more involved than you realize. Stick with your motor and build the **** out of it. You'll be alot happier in the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you have to use spacers on your truck to fit those rims? I have the same ones on my vette and would like to bolt a set on the BlazerX. Are you using all 17's, 18's or vette setup 17front 18rear?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
I am using 1 1/2" Billet spacers on the rear and nothing on the front. They are all 17x8 with 50mm back spacing. I didn't go with the 17 fronts and 18 rears because Sy/Ty's are all wheel drive so the wheel tire combo needs to be same diameter all the way around. There is another guy on this board, his truck is in the new gallery, that has a first gen. s-10 that is running the 17's and 18's and it looks sweet. I'm not sure what size spacers he's running though. May want to cantact him. Here is the link to his truck:

http://www.s10forum.com/modules.php...s&file=index&do=showpic&pid=27&orderby=titleA

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
ok first question. are the sy/ty's tbi or cbi?

second if i wanted to switch engines with a 4.3 tbi to the Sy/Ty's would it be a direct fit, or would there need to be some mods?

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
Sy/Ty Fuel Injections is PFI 1 injector per cylinder. the manifold upper and lower would bolt to 95 and down heads. What type of injection do you have if you want to convert to turbo that might be the way to go. What injection do you have? CPI or TBI? for the cost of a swap to that injection set up could be costly and then you would have to deal with the ECM it would need to be programed. Maybe a well designed intake and a holly or BB chevy TBI with 2 inch bores would be the way to go

Kurt

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
i have a tbi, thanks alot for the advise.:thumbup:
would it be easier to but a turbo off a sy/ty on, or go to a turbo shop and have them make me one?

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
It would be easyier to buy a Typhoon and probably cheaper. Your block has too high of a compression ratio so you would need new pistions, etc... Build your TBI setup to run about 250hp and you will be surprised at how good it runs

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
yea i wish i could buy a Sy or a Ty those are some bad a** trucks, i've never even seen one personally, but i've seen pics and time charts on them and they are awsome, if i was to see one and it looked in good condition, i would throw down my title right there for it. if it was possible i would buy just the whole engine, but like i've said i've never seen one.:headbang:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.