S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im baggin the truck next week-end... And since I have to cut out the front pockets I was wondering what everyone is using to cut them out with???

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I used a grinder and a saw zaw. Easiest is a plasma cutter.

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was the cut still pretty smooth?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yea but if u want it really smooth I guess u could take a file and smooth it out really good.

·
tits, clits or bong hits
884 Posts
I used an air powerd 4in cut off tool and a dreamel tool then I used a die grinder to smooth the edges

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
i used a hitachi 10 amp saw zall with a skill metal ugly blade...then i used a Rigid 8 amp angle grinder with about 4 disc....then i used a rock sanding stone to smooth the edges...then a sparyed the exposed metal with dupi color bed coating to prevent rust.....looks great nice and smooth

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
I was working on my front end today, got one side done. Man, that frame is though as a mothatrucker! I used a grinder and a portable band saw. I didn't know they made portable band saws, my friend passed by when I was working on it and said I should try it, that thing cut the frame like a hot knife through butter. The grinder was a byeotch, but it worked well for smoothing out the edges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts