S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be running an SD 3 link over the axle with gen. 1 bridge kit. my tires will be 245-35-20.

i want to cut the notch down as short as possible and still lay frame. the reason is, i hope to put my tank, valves, and compressor on top of the bridge and then put a big ass hinged notch cover over all of it.

so how much higher does the BOTTOM of the notch need to be from the TOP of the frame?

thanks fellas.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your opinion, but i wouldn't ever put 22s on it.

also, i would rather have it hidden, but more accessible than under the bed, hence my idea with the notch cover. plus, with the valves out of the way of road grime, salt, water, etc. there is less chance of debris getting in the valve.

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
if you want it accessible, build a trapdoor in the bedfloor

and you don't have to worry about road grime hurting anything under the bed, my comp, valves, and tank have been under there for almost 2 years of daily driving, even in the snow

they're a little dirty, but it doesn't hurt anything, just like your engine getting dirty

·
Registered
232 Posts
the bottom of the notch has to be 1 1/2'' above the frame to lay on a 20'' wheel but i would make it 2'' just to give you the little extra room.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool man. thanks for the info.

that was the general estimate i got from searching too.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
hey john h can I ask you a weird but important favor ..lol...could you measure the bottom length of the SD notch from one side to the other ...b/c I am getting rid of an existing notch and need to know the length of the SD notch before buying...could ya help a homie out?

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Myst said:
hey john h can I ask you a weird but important favor ..lol...could you measure the bottom length of the SD notch from one side to the other ...b/c I am getting rid of an existing notch and need to know the length of the SD notch before buying...could ya help a homie out?
i don't have the notch yet, but soon i hope.

look at the post above this for the good info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts