S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many coils do I have to cut to ge another 1.5" drop
I already have 3" coils And I want between 4" and 5" now
and I have no money left so I got to do this my self or else I would buy spindles.:rock:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
You're thinking about cutting your drop coils?? I wouldn't advise it. I'd save up and buy some spindles, but that's just me.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
my brothers truck has 2" drop coils with about an inch cut out, he also has toxic shocks i think up front, he said the ride is kinda poor, my factory ones on my s10 have 5" chopped out, and i dont think that it is bad at all for 5", my civic with coil overs rides 500 times worse

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cutting 3" Coils

...... the problem with that is the clearance between the control arm and the frame will be reduced to about 1/2" and there will be too much negative camber and the tires will wear like crazy.
Just go with spindles for the additional drop IMO.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
no dude, u wont have hardly any negative camber, well i know on a first gen u wont, maybe it just depends on the truck, my brothers older 87 s10 had spindles and like 4 or 6 inches chopped and he had negative camber but it wasnt bad enough for the tires to be wearing like u need new ones constantly, and he ran the **** out of that truck

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
zYgoTe said:
You're thinking about cutting your drop coils?? I wouldn't advise it. I'd save up and buy some spindles, but that's just me.
already got them. i just wanted the front down one more inch until i bagged it without dropping more cash

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
u should be fine cutting them just dont cut any more than that 1 inch out, and be careful, the coil to drop ratio is different than on a stock coil

·
european member
67 Posts
only 2 words :

No Cuting !

Teddy

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had 3 inch belltech drop coils and they rode soo nice.. i wanted more and took em to a shop to chop another inch or so outta.. worst mistake ever.. the ride with the drop springs was caddy nice compared to the shiz that it rode like after the cut.. dont be lazy and cheap.. but spindles.. and when you cut them the a-arms sit on the bumpstop that seperates them and your constantly hitting em together.. your gonna end up busting you balljoints.. trust me i know.. but the camber should be alright.. as long as you have good bushing on the a-arms themselves.. just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts