S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have a 3/4 belltech drop on my 2000 blazer, but now i want to go lower,
i have 3" coils, 3" drop leafs, and 1" blocks, and nitro shocks all around, i know some of you will flame me but, i was thinking of cutting the coils because i dont want to waste $250 on some spindles, and there are no coils that go lower than 3". What should i do? is there some alternative other than spindles?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
spindles are like $150 ones i have seen

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^I have a 2000 blazer, there more expensive

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
:werd: The problem you are going to run into by cutting a set of 3" coils is frame clearance...I wouldn't recommend going lower than 3"s on the coils...you will be riding right on the bump stops and if you trim the stops your control arms will be hitting on the frame. There's a reason why nobody makes a 4" coil.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
"dont want to waste $250"? how about after you cut the coil and the stance looks cool so off you go showing the town yer lowered stance, turn a corner and the coil finally seats itself, your thrown into a families station wagon (that were on their way to hometown buffet for grandmas 98th birthday), severly crippling the 8 year old boy, the father is thrown through the windshield impailing himself on a fire hydrant, grandma dies painfully with her crutch punchuring her spleen..................................all because the job wasnt dunn right.
"only you can prevent hack jobs"

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
But then again I have know people that have rode on cut coils for years and never had a problem
Rode on cut drop coils? or cut stock coils? and how low did they go with them. 4"s on a strictly coil drop is going to cause clearance issues with the frame.

·
DOOR'D FOR HER PLEASURE!
5,688 Posts
95projectS-Dime said:
My bad , his was cut stock coils , gave it a 4in lower though . Is that just as bad to cut a stock coil even just maybe 2in??
you can cut em but its jus the 2nd best way other than drop coils..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts